Lake Geneva, WI

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Munaretto

Reaction score
Planning to hit Lake Geneva in wisconsin on saturday - anyone interesting in hookin up?

David

Dave,

Should be getting close to "good"... I'm fishiong there tomorrow... I'll post a report on this thread... lake-link.com had a report of a "few" beddedLMs in 10-15'... I'm trying the Abbey Lagoon first and then Willimas Bay and then the north shore and finally Geneva Bay in the cans... I hope, I hope...

Wish I could make it but I will be fishing elsewhere that weekend. I am about 20 minutes from Lake Geneva and fish it all the time though...we will have to meet up there some other time.

Gross, Lk Geneva is in South Eastern Wisconsin near the Illinois border. Great fishery but you better be at the launch before 5:30 or you are not getting on it! Good luck and be careful, this will be a very busy weekend out there.

--Corey

Fished today and still not finding bedded fish... Water was 53-56 in the lake and 62 in the Abbey Lagoon... One small 2# in the Geneva Bay Boat Cans on a blue/whie suspending Shad-R (Rebel)... And a small 12 " on a green and red flake Strike KIng FLippin tube from the Lagoon. Other reports were "two nice fish on crappie jigs under a dock"...and "one on a twister tail around a pier"...

Corey,

Why do you have to be at the launch before 05:30?

Bob G.

Bob G., There is very, very limited parking for boat trailers.

Bob, Limited trailer parking and it is between Chicago and Milwaukee so it sees a lot of traffic. A lot of folks fish it at night for that reason.

That's a bummer about the parking. Champlain has a few ramps in VT that I won't even go near due to high traffic. I launch at 3 less popular ramps and 1 that get's busy, but has a huge field for overflow parking. Nice, hot summer weekend days bring out the pleasure boaters, so I try to fish a weekday or evening. It helps that Champlain is 110 miles long!

Bob G.

Back