Lake Fork Weekend

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam Murray

Reaction score
Looks good for rooms (as of today) at the Lake Fork Marina. If we can get a general idea of how many we'll need, I'll go ahead and make the reservations this weekend.

Met Jeff Kirkwood (Lake Fork guide) at the MediaBass tourny this past weekend. Thanks to Kraig, he's gonna spend some time with us Friday evening and help get us on some fish (I promised him some crawfish for his best spots!)

Think I recruited a few more members while I was there as well. Hopefully they'll join us in April.

133 boats fished the Tyler tourny and there were a TON of Nitro's! Saw two 901's IDENTICAL to mine...a casual observer would've thought a red/white Nitro was lost, as much running around as we had to do that day!

Get back to me with a room count. Can't wait for April! This is gonna be a hoot!!

Hey Adam;

I don't need a room, but I know a few of the guys do.

It looks like it is going to be a great time. I am bringing a gas grill with me and Dick, the other guy coming with me is bringing a deep fryer. We should have a really great cook out. I have tried to let the guys know that if they want beer they should bring it with them. No outside sales around there. Crawfish, Shrimp, Catfish and Walleye is really mouth watering. Makes me hungry already. If other guys on the net don't make it, they will be missing a great time.

Only 38 more days and I will be on my way down to Fork, can hardly wait. I am really looking forward to this trip.

bob

Jeff is a good guy - I fished with him last summer. I must have missed it. When is the mini rally?

dewey.

April 11-12-13 at Lake Fork Texas. There will be about 12-14 of us or maybe more by than.

bob

Can't wait for it either as I will definately be there. Look forward to meeting everybody. I will probably give the Lake Fork Marina a call as it sounds like this is a good place and will be close to the food. hope it warms back up as snow, north wind, ice, and snow ain't much fun.

jd

Just figured out that our mini-rally is the same weekend as the rally in KY. How cool would it be if we could get as many folks at Fork as there are in KY. Kind of an east side, west side thang!?!

As much food as we're gonna have, wondering if we'll get to fish at all!

Adam,...you better do a big fat cohiba while you're fishin' the Fork,..or you won't be my hero anymore!! LOL.....When are you coming back up here again...I owe YOU now!! :eek:)

Mac

For this upcoming occassion, I may even bust out my special Habana reserves (been in their own humidor for almost two years now - don't try this with "normal" cigars!)

I was gonna ask ya'll about the same question. When would be a good time to come up there? Was considering driving up there for a week this summer (first real vacation in 8 years).

Anytime after the 3rd weekend in June,..so we can "legally" whack giant super-toad hawg smallies like it was our JOB!..LOL...I'll be on vacation the 1st 2 weeks of July too, so that could be good,...we don't have any plans as of yet, so I might be around too!! Pick a time and let me/us know!! We'll hook you up!!

Mac

Sounds like the makings of a plan!

Do you know if Metro has RV facilities? I'm considering buying my parents RV and thought the trip to MI would be a good time to test theirs out and see if this is something I'd like to do. If not, there's always Grandma's house!!

BTW...this idea came about last weekend when I was cleaning my boat. Found a bag of jigheads made for me by the guy who owned the baitshop by the main gate at Selfridge. Got me thinking about one of my favorite places to fish and started planning my next trip to LSC!!

It's amazing where a little bag of steel and lead can take you!!!..LOL. There's a campground up in algonac that would be perfect for you,...right on the St.Clair River!!...Infact,..the first campsite on the left has a sign that says,."Adam's SH@#$...Don't even THINK aboudit!"

LOL......It use to be one of Mini's spots!!!!ahahaha

Adam,

just called lake fork marina and they said they were booked up and no rooms available. They put me on a waiting list. If you already have some reserved email me and let me know.

jd

No, I don't! That's BS! I called last week and was told we were good to go. Will call again this afternoon and get this cleared up.

I don't think we're gonna need that many rooms...if ya'll don't mind partnering up (they're all double bed rooms) I'm sure there'll be some cancellations.

Will keep you posted.

aaaaghh, adam,

I get it! you reserved the rooms and that is why they said they were booked up?! maybe (i'm crossing my fingers hoping this is true). I did not mention the rally thing and was mainly calling to get prices. Man if you got some reserved, that is awesome! I've spoken with soonerfan today at lunch and we need two rooms as he is bringing his son Andy. We will probably go ahead and get a couple of boat slips too. We HAVE to put Andy on some big fish cause he has to keep soonerfan awake on the way back! Please let me know when you can.

thanks,

jd

While I was in Ft. Worth yesterday, which by the way looked more like the inside of a single guys freezer than anything in the state of Texas, I get to talking fishing with one of the guys down there. He tells me that if the bass bite is off the crappie fishing is great at Lake Fork. Just for the record; I AIN'T DRIVIN' ALL THE WAY TO TEXAS AND BUYING A NONRESIDENT LICENSE FOR NO G.D. CRAPPIE. We've got plenty of crappie in Okla and they are not allowed in my boat there either. LOL

Harpo

just checked again with Lk Fork Manina and they are booked up.

jd

Latest posts

Back