Lake Fork weekend

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob wateski

Reaction score
Alright guys.

How about we set things up for the weekend of 11,12,13 April. This way I will have been there for a week and will have had time to figure out where the fish are and what they are doing. For you guys that have not been there before, this will help put you on fish so you don't have to spend the whole weekend trying to locate them.

If you all want, I will talk to the guy that I am renting from, I'm only renting part of the house and maybe we could get the whole house for the weekend. It would cost a lot less than a Motel as all of you could share the cost.

A few steaks on the grill would be great or there is now a really good pizza place close by. There is great food wherever you go around Fork.

Let me know who wants to show up and if those dates will work and I will see what I can get set up.

bob

sounds good to me! count me in. i could be there late friday evening or maybe earlier depending on work.

james

Man I wish. Then I might actually have a shot at breaking my big bass record. I'd be happy with a 9 lber, but a 10 would be sweeeeeet! Then someday I've GOT to get to Dale Hollow for an 8 lb smallie. I can maybe get a 7 here or at St Clair, but the 8's come from those places. Whataya say Mac? You, me, mini, the 520, a trunk full of beer and gear, Dale Hollow in the prespawn and some grade A, Genuine, bonified SUPER toads! LOL Durn fever!

Rob if you want a 8lb smallmouth you will have to come to

mich. your chances would be a lot higher here then dale hollow.

James we feed are toads with them there hawgs...lol

..bob

I'm sure there is an 8 lber prowling the depths of Champlain somewhere.....smallie that is. I alreday have a 8.5 LM to my credit, but only two smallies over 6lbs. They were AWESOME, but that's why I want a 7 or even 8. I would rather have an 8lb smallie than a 10 lb LM any day! Quite a few people have caught 10 lb LM, but very few have ever or ever will get an 8 lb smallie. Lb for lb, smallies walk all over LM.

Hey Bob, when I get there for the classic, make sure you make yourself available. I'd love to come haul some of those tanks in with you sometime. I'd like to know what your trick is. I thougt I was a smallie toad master until I saw your pics. I know they exist in Champlain but can't find any that size with real consistency. I can get 4 and 5 lbers like they're going out of style, but 6 is once every other year, and no 7's yet.

Rob any time, I have no tricks win fish that big hits it's all luck just rare back and hang on, lol. I do have to agree with Mac and Mini, if they had a top 150 up here in the bay it would take 30lb (5 fish)to make the cut, and them guys

know all the tricks. I have a couple of frinds that have 1 or two 8lbers to thier credit, Im still looking for one.

bob

What pizza joint and where is it? Them Northerners don't know what it's like to have to live without STUFFED pizza. :(

count me in.... I will be in sometime saturday.

I only live a short hall from the lake.

my cell 214-402-8898 hm 214-618-3366

cant wait!!!!

Kraig

Bobs got it al right........come to mich for big smallies.........I boated a 7 lb smallie last year and numerous 6's

Have fun

T.S.

i'm getting confused about "toads" and "hawgs". i know that largemouth are called 'hawgs' down here where the water is not frozen. i thought largemouth were called 'toads' up north. i'm thinkin i might be wrong and that 'smallies' are called toads up north. somebody help me out as there seems to be (3) names for (2) types of fish.

jd

I responded to this on another thread but it may be dead by now so----

Yes I'm very interested in fishing the Fork. My son and I have talked about it many times. As far as a room goes we will be fine with a dry campsite.

Harpo

P.S. Warning to all you Texas boys---if I catch the Texas state record I'm naming it BOB STOOPS.LOL

Sounds like a good weekend to me....no T's and didn't plan on pre-fishing any that weekend.

Wolf...since you're a bonafide coonass, it's probably safe to assume you'd think all food north of I-20 needs more spice!! Just returned from my bi-monthly trip to Lafayette...ya'll know how to use the garlic and red pepper! Spent an evening at Sonny's down there just to learn how to get my crawfish seasoned like theirs....I was WAY off on the seasonings!!

ken,

last time i went to springfield from okc it took me about 3 1/2 hrs. figure fork is probably 3 1/2 hrs from okc. so figure seven hrs drive.

jd

OK I had to look it up. Springfield to Sulphur Springs Tx. 431 mi & 7 hrs 44 min.

Harpo

wolfcount,

YOU ATE BAIT????....... Just kidding, those mini-lobsters are just about as good as wings! Crawfish etouffe' mmmmmmmm.

///toxic

Wolf...I live in Dallas, but travel to LA quite a bit. I know what you're saying about the people showing up when you boil. We usually try to boil down there a couple times a year and it usually attracts quite a crowd!

Will be boiling a couple sacks of crawfish, shrimp and sausage on the 16th for the Daytona 500. Already have a bunch of transplanted Yankees (carpetbaggers) that are only coming because they don't believe we eat crawfish! Should be fun!

Latest posts

Back