Lake Eufaula, Alabama 28-30 Dec Any Tips?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I fish it all the time and was just at lakepoint yesterday. The water is still very muddy and the lake is about 2-3' above full pool.

The cowikee creek area just under the 431 bridge is a very productive place for me and has gave up 2 fish over 6lbs for me this year. There are a few islands in the middle of the creek as soon as you get under the bridge, I always seem to find a few fish there. Been getting most of them on a 10" worm, black and red flake. Be careful if you venture out onto the the main lake or up river, lots of trash/ trees / lower unit wreckers have made there way into areas that used to be safe running.

Keep an eye out for a red 896 w 200 merc, you might just see me up there on the 28th.

JS

The bite has been slow. I always go shallow with dark colors or bright, like chart or white when its muddy. The high water will allow the bass to get into cover that used to be high and dry and search out food. I did see bass busting shad on the surface, and I'm sure that's the primary forage for them. I talked to a guy at a local shop in Dothan and he told me they throw plastics or jigs that are pumpkin. You would think that brown color would be hard to see , but he and another guy won a local T using them. Its a big lake, and on the north end you won't notice much current when they are pulling water unless you go up river. They have been generating at the dam at a 24/7 pace for at least 3 weeks, with no end in site, normal pool is around 187 and she's been well above that with all the rain.

http://www.havefunfishing.com/fishingreports/sr_lake_george_fishing_report.htm

This guys does a weekly report, but for the past month he hasn't changed anything but the date of the report so I doubt he has put anytime on the water recently, or if he has he is too lazy or stingy to update the report.

There is a cut off the main river going north on the east side called the "witches ditch" it opens out into huge pad fields in the summer. Follow it back to the pump house and fish the north dyke wall and the small channel that runs through the middle. It seems to always hold a few fish. The entrance to the " withces ditch" can be hard to see, and its about 1/2 to 3/4 mile up the river, you will see it goes back off the river at least a 1/2 mile on the east bank.

You have a map ? Scan and email me a copy at jstrong98@yahoo and I'll mark you some spots and send it back.

JS

Jon,

All I caught was one bass (hybrid I think?)and happy for it. It was very cold and windy. I went out to the main river and ended up fishing aroumd the train causeway.

Not sure, but I saw a red bass boat Monday with two people in it near Lakepoint in the open river.

Phil's BBQ was a good recomendation. I'm going back up closer to spring for a few days and keeping your maps for reference.

Latest posts

Back