lake champlain

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve hoy

Reaction score
Hi, Gonna be heading to lake champlain the 8th of june.I was wondering if anyone could give me any info on water temp,are the bass prespawn or postspawn,any info would be a big help.Going to be fishing the ticonderoga area. Thanks in advance.

Right now they are in pre-spawn on the north end of the lake, the rain raised the water level a lot, and now can't find where the bass went. They are not in there normal places. Water is very stained up here, St Albans Bay area. Water temp. dropped to around 51-57 degrees, depending on depth and area. Hope this helps, hope to go out today and do some more searching. Would be glad to give you an update in a few days. Gib...

Has Bob G been out yet? He can give you the skinny. If Champy is anything like St Clair they are on the beds now. They are roughly the same latitude.

I've been out twice to test thru-hull transducer and didn't have the 3 troller batteries in. Just put it all back together last night and will be on the lake tomorrow. Water temp was 55 2 days ago. Bird 1198c SI is all rigged and ready to go. I'll let ya know how I do.

Don't get on here very much anymore, but just happened to check today for some odd reason and here is a post about my mistress.....Champlain.

Lake did come up about 18" with the recent rain and main lake temps are now just below 60. With the heat today and this weekend it will top 60 easily. Smallies are just moving onto beds. Opening weekend will be sick. New moon on the 8th and the water just hitting the right temps will seem some crazy weights. Great for tourneys, bad for the bass.

Down in Ti, given it is shallower, narrower and stained water, it warms up much faster. I was down a few weeks ago and on a 300 yard stretch I caught 19+ lbs or largies in an hour. All had been on their beds as the tails were bloody. Don't know if they had just started but the water temps then were near 70 so my guess is they were finishing. There will be another wave, don't worry. If you plan on fishing the Plunder Bay Open or NE Team bass (neither of which I'm fishing) fish inside weed edges with a black w/ red fleck senkos and cover a lot of water. You won't see the beds but if you get one you can tell was bedded, hammer that shore line, there are surely more similar sized fish nearby.

If you want smallies, go north of the Crown pt bridge and check flats. Have fun.

I'll be fishing our opening TBF out of Pt au Roche on that Sunday. You guys remember Pt au Roche right? 2nd annual NTOWS owners rally where "certain" members here threatened to come up and "kick the guide's @$$ on his home water".....and with a broken trolling "the guide" did what again?????? ;)

HAHAHA!! Glad I wasn't at that one!! I do remember being up there and finding one of your secret spots from memory from the day before!! Is that why you let me drive into the rocks?:lol:

Just got back from fishing. Launched at the ramp near the Sandbar causeway.

Fished Keeler Bay, 3 LM on Senkos, 2lbs and smaller. Water temp was 65*. South end of Savage Island produced nothing. Storm blew thru, waves kicked up and was crappy for a bit. Cleared up and went in the Mill River in St. Albans Bay. Temp was 64*. 5 LM on Senkos, best was 3lbs with a hook deep inside attached to a leader, snap swivel and sinker. I cut the line as close to the hook as possible. My 3/0 hook was in the lip. Wonder how long that fish was dragging that tackle around. Went looking for smallies around Burton Island and north end of Savage Island, produced 2 SM, 2lbs or smaller. Temps were 58*. Couldn't get a good smallie bite going at my usual Spring time spots. 10 bass total for the 6 hours I was on the lake.

I did mark some rock piles for summer deep water fishing with the HB Side Imaging. Will have to wait and see if they produce.

Good to hear from you Rob! How's the ticker and life on the squad doing you? Great report for the fellas. Having Bob G. and you bird dogging like that is a gift far and between in this world any more. I'm sitting in the hotel with my oldest waiting for 5am to frog up some new N FL water. His last day of school was yesterday. Hope all is going well and thanks again for sharing fellas! :D

Deep rock piles in inland sea Bob....what do you think? The question is not if it will produce but simply what quality of fish.

Dan,

Ticker is good. Never did get back to my regular stamina levels, but that could also be age.......nah, I'm blaming the surgery! :D

Things at work are just what you'd expect in an ultra liberal, inmate loving state like NY. Can't go too much into detail here less I get locked out (aka suspended) but many old timers are retiring and fast as they see the writing on the wall. Many of them think (and you can feel it in the jail) that this might be the summer of our next "BIG ONE"! I hope not, we have a lot of new guys with little to no work ethic that think first of what's easiest for them rather than what is safest for the facility. A create recipe for disaster. Time will tell. Speaking of which, I need to go S, S, &

S for work. Hot day, weekend, NBA finals.....should be an interesting night in the yard!:eek:

Latest posts

Back