Lake Champlain Help

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Dallaire

Reaction score
Well living in Ontario our Bass season starts at the end of June. If I am not mistaken Lake Champlain is Open with a 0 limit during the spring spawn? I have never fished south of the border and thought it would be a good way to breakup the spring.

How is the lake for spring fishing bass? Anybody in the area able to help with a starting point? As always a little info goes a long way. If you are ever in my neck of the woods (Ottawa Ontario), I am more then happy to give you the 411 !

John

I used to go up there every year and the lake is fantastic but since the MVM got together CIII and I head to Michigan/St Clair now. Rob LaMoy guides up there and is a member here. He posts now and then and he can give you general help, he won't give up any spots like the tires or the cribs:lol::lol:

TOXIC

Our early bass season starts in mid-April, catch and release using artificial baits and lures only until early June. Sometimes there is ice on the lake in April. I usually start in May and lots of big smallies and largemouths can be caught. If you get a Vermont fishing license, you can fish both NY and VT side including the Inland Sea on the VT side. NY license is not good in the Inland Sea. VT license is not good in the South Bay on the NY side at the bottom of the lake but I never go there anyways.

Contact me next Spring and I'll give you all of Rob's secret spots!! :lol:

I just got back from a Lake Champlain fishing weekend. As usual, that place was great. Right about now the pike bite is out of control.

I have done very well on Champlain in the spring for big smallies and some largemouth.fishing on the vermont side of the lake. we fished out of roushes point(sp). all u need is some tubes and suspending jerkbaits and hold on they will try to rip the rod out of your hand.

Latest posts

Back