"Ladder" to get back in boat Z-6

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary Hunter

Reaction score
Have any of you guys and gals had to use the "ladder" to get back into your bass boat? The reason I'm asking is because I went overboard a few years ago trying to reach for my icy rod that slipped out of my hand and got away from me. (ice out in VT). Next thing I knew I was floundering in 42 degree water. I managed to climb up the big motor but it was really hard, took a while, banged up my knees pretty good, and left me shaken and feeling stupid. There was no way I could have deployed the ladder on the Z-6 (from the water). Heck, I can hardly release the ladder on dry land. Any tricks or tips on how I can rig the ladder so I can pull it down easily or release it - if I go overboard again?

You could always tie some type of lanyard to it and see if that will give you the leverage you need to pull it down. My boat has the ladder attached to the jack plate. Pull a pin and the ladder drops.

Loosen the screw or screws that hold the rubber in place over it. Just enough to still keep it in place but with a little force you can get it released! Then check now and then to make sure they stay set, so youdon'tlose them. Mine seem to stay put.

Latest posts

Back