Ladder for Nitro

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Neely, P.E.

Reaction score
Good morning all.

A friend of mine has a Nitro 901 or 911(?) and is getting gray of beard and long of tooth - like me. :D

Has anyone mounted an access ladder on a Nitro 9XX and if so, where did you get it, approximate cost, etc.

Thanks,

Oldgringo

Bill in VA has one....From what he says they are easy to mount and handy. Ask Kb how he got back in his 929 after the lilly dance (no ladder)LOL!!!! I just slide into mine like a walrus on the icepack!! I've only gone out one time when I didn't mean to.

TOXIC

Old - Had the ladded installed when I ordered the boat. Fortunately, I have not had to use it but if I ever do, it will be worth the investment. It was $125 and is a fold down. It has NO impact on the performance of my rig (2002 896 w/ 200HP). If you buy one and install it youself make sure you put metal backing inside the fiberglass where the bolts mount. Would not have another boat without the ladder. If will save someones life one day!

Thanks again. "...will save someones life one day!"

My buddy with the Nitro 9XX is 77 years young and often goes out alone. If you had a source for or a picture of the ladder, they would be appreciated.

I've gone in twice in 20 years... Thankfully both time i could stand up!!!

It's not easy for a fat man to get in the boat using the outboard... But it can be done!!

Check this out

http://ecatalog.westmarine.com/0631.asp?LinkBackProdId=51038

I'm sure looking into a ladder. I've been out of the boat twice, long ago when I could easily get back in. I don't think I could anymore.. I used to worry that it would look "stupid".. It wouldn't look so stupid while treading water would it?

Uncle Billy

I've never gone in but I have done some fancy dancin' and fallen inside the boat a couple of times, breaking a rod one of those times. This summer I need to jump in (when I have somebody with me) just to see how hard it would be. However, there would be a big differance in getting back in the boat wearing a pair of shorts in 80* water compared to wearing blue jeans and a down coat in 40* water. I've thought many times about getting a ladder like the one in the link but I'm afraid I would bash it up on the trees.

Harpo
http://www.basspro.com/servlet/cata...arClassCode=3&hvarSubCode=3&hvarTarget=browse

Someone somewhere has a ladder on their Nitro 901 series. Perhaps they'll come forward and share its source and other particulars.

None of us gettin' any younger. :eek:

Here are a few pictures from my Tracker. Might work on a 901. Got mine at BoatUS.

david....

ladder 26014.jpg
ladder.JPG
2003_0804_SwimPlatform.jpg

Thanks. I think fitting the rounded stern of the Nitro is what's going to provide the challege.

Hey Old - Not a problem. Take a look at the pics I have on my 896 with rounded stern. While it doesn't have a platform the ladder lifts and then extends down into the water when needed. Hopefully the pics will come out correctly.

Boat Ladder 1.jpg

Second pic

Boat Ladder 2.jpg

Last pic

Boat Ladder 3.jpg

I hope this is what you are looking for!

Bill in VA

Gringo,

Here is a picture of mine, it's never been in the way and seems very strong and sturdy, not as concerned about falling out now that I have a boat with one, was always trying to figire out how I would get my boys and me back in the boat without one if we fell over the side at the same incident.

Go for it, most who have one learned the hard way,

ladder+.jpg

Old - Just remember that CJLs is on a Ranger and he lives in NJ. Those kind of guys should throw themselves overboard! Ha ha :D:lol::p

Yeah Bill and don't know how to work a digital camera either!!! LOL

Bill in VA - Where did you order/get that ladder??

Bill in VA, came back to this post just to make sure you got your daily rubbing for me, in any event it's kinda a contradiction for a NJ guy who's name ends in a vowel to have anything on the boat that could aid in someone getting back in, :eek::huh::unsure:

BTW - Mine looks a little nicer :cool:, especially with the Ranger series sticker on the o/b

Trep,

I am aware of how to work a camera, I zoomed and cut a portion of the picture @ work since Old Gringo seemed to want a piture ASAP.

Peace out

So you are one of those "O" wiseguys! When to school in Montclair where I met up with all the "vowels" from Nerk (Newark). Yeah, you are right about getting back on board. Cement shoes, chain or heavy anchors I could understand, but.....a ladder? A real contradiction.

Rub is back to you buddy!

PS - I wasn't going to say anything about your camera abilities! Way to go Trep!!!!!!

LOL @ Bill, what I meant is I came back to read the post just to make sure you got your daily portion of "pick on the Jersey" guy :(,

So what you gonna do when I'm no longer livin in Jersey?

I was hoping you would be smart enough by now to get the heck outta Dodge! Just a glutton for punishment I guess. Where ya gonna move to? Make sure you stay with the board so I can keep giving you your daily ration. Do you have to get a passport now to get out of Jersey? I've noticed that the toll bridges into Jersey don't charge you to get in but charge you to leave. Are they trying to tell you something?

Come on down! There is room enough for two ex-joisey boys but I am afraid they will start telling us there goes the neighborhood with two of us here. The Lake does have a quota! LOL

These are great, Thanks. Where does one get the ladders? :(

My buddy really needs the ladder. Have you ever ridden down the lake at full blast with a 77 year old at the wheel munching nitro-glycerin tablets? :unsure:

Bill, looking for a ladder like that for my 929. Were did you get it? That thing looks great.

Thanks

CJ

OldG & CJ,

Have you checked BoatersWorld or Overtons, I would think Bill's is like mine and the ladder is OMC or part of the new boat order, CJ you could most likely get yours from Harvey, UGHH I know, but he can probably get you one, the Service & Parts guys @ North Jersey are really good guys.

CJL

Old & CJ - Was installed with the boat when I ordered it. Have no documentation other than it was on the options list for the 896. Like CJO stated I am sure you can find it at Boat US, Boatersworld and maybe even Overtons. Do a google on boat ladders and I am sure you can find it. Old - don't do 77 mph with your co-pilot chewing on nitro tablets. Slow down a little! LOL

Try this manufac. Metologic, I think they make all the ladders, but the website is down, I would guess about $400

Latest posts

Back