KWIKDROP, the last word

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich Stern

Reaction score
I've decided not to pursue a sponsor relationship with KWIKDROP, and I have just notified Orville Welker of my decision.

There is enough blame to go around for everyone in this soap opera.

I don't condone how Orville and Don went about launching their product to this group. It was a series of mistakes, and it's clear that they have some learning to do when it comes to marketing a product for bass anglers via the Internet. Don is gonna need a lot more maturity before he can be successful as a sales manager. Hopefully, they'll get through that learning curve and go on to have success with their product.

Had I not been on vacation with a lousy connection to the Internet, and been able to intervene early to set the rules for Don and Orville, this could have been a successful sponsorship for the product, the site, and additional support for rallies. That part is my fault.

Finally, I want to say that I'm disappointed in the way this unfolded from the members' side, because I think the members made a bad situation worse. The Welkers got raked pretty hard, which generated uneccessary back-and-forth finger pointing, speculation, and technical Monday-morning-quarterbacking.

We all lose on this one.

Once again, I stand humbled by your reaction. I don't know of another site where such a spectacle would have been addressed the way you addressed it here. No smart aleck comments, no trying to be funny or rude, just an even-keeled response. You should be on a politician's staff with the way you can diffuse a situation in so few words.

Now Mike..why would Rich want to become a politician and be called a liar? :) LOL Yes Rich always has a way to put things right:)

did anyone visit the site and look at it?i checked it out.it looks like a good idea,might work,but overall durability and abuse it will get through the years,will it last?dont know,cant say it will,or wont.looks like a motorguide scisors mount type.the side brackets look like they could bend,but i have not seen one in person,so i cant say for sure they will,or wont.

but visited the other site for the bolt cutter,which looks like a very good idea,me being a wrench turner,looks like a good invention.how many times i needed a bolt just a hair smaller,cut with a hacksaw,clean up the threads,then pray it screws in the hole,or the nut goes on right.from the video they had it looks like it is a good thing.just a question of durability.

these guys have the right idea,but went at promoting there item the wrong way.

rich has the final word on this,and i commend him on the way he handled the situation.some members went a little too far,orville and don also is partially to blame with there responses to the posts.

everyone have a sparkling good weekend,since i will be working!!

fish on!!!

I am one of the ones that went too far, partially due to a personal e-mail I received, not the SPAM one, but that is no excuse....sorry Rich...too much time on my hands that day.

I gotta getta freakin' job!!!

Latest posts

Back