Kudos to BPS Atlanta and Tracker

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich Stern

Reaction score
I just got back from BPS (my excuse was to get some Uncle Bucks snacks, and fortunately, that's all I came home with). I have been a critic of the boat department there, because the boats on the floor are often not in good shape. Surprise...here it is Monday, after the weekend, and they looked great! Clean, everything where it's supposed to be, nothing hanging off.

Also, looking at an 896, a Patriot 882, and a 929, I noticed better fit and finish than I am used to seeing. Inside compartments had smoother finishes, carpet was fitted better. Left me with the impression that maybe out-the-door total quality at the factory may be on the upswing. I hope so!

Keep it up, BPS and Tracker!

Thanks Rich! Our guys are really trying to make a difference. I wouldn't trade a single one of them!!

I talked to a very reliable source at the classic this past weekend about that very thing...quality and customer service. We talked at length about lots of issues and concerns that i've experienced first hand as well as many other customer/owners, and I was assured that changes have been made in several areas regarding quality and CS and we as owners and customers will begin to notice these changes immediately. Plant management and plant quality personel changes have been made and the people put in place are very qualified and committed to turn things around. I noticed a huge improvement too Rich! The 901 they had on display at the Classic was the best looking (construction and fit and finish) 9 series boat I've ever seen! It was SWEEEET!!

I wasn't particularly crazy about the color scheme, but that's totally irrellivent....I was looking at the fit and finish and in every nook and cranny and it was MUCH, MUCH improved over the past years' models!! I'm confident that things are improving and especially since you noticed it too Rich,...I was wondering if this "show boat" was just especially good because it was at the Classic, or if every new 2003 will look that way...I'm sure it was detailed much more than a typical boat,..but I was impressed with the changes I saw!! I also extend KUDO's to Tracker and Nitro for the changes they're making....my first peak at the new boats was very impressive...I hope it continues!

Mac

Time will tell,....and I'll

Time will tell and I hope we ALL continue to make our voices heard......we care,..we share, and we are being heard!! Keep it up everyone!! It's working!

Are Kudos of the same family as Naugas?

Can they be turned into liverwurst or braunschweiger?

And do they taste better with ketchup or mayo?

me?

Now if the BPS in Cincinatti could take lessons from them ...I'm not seeing it there or are they are real low on the list.

TEE

Let's not forget that there are a lot of boats still out in the "pipeline"...all 2002's...but that's no excuse for dirty boats on ANY show room floor!!...If I'm not mistaken, the biggest quality improvements will be noticeable on the 2003's. They'll be coming this fall and winter. That 901 at the classic was sweet!! fit and finish wise it was the nicest Nitro I've ever seen,...it was beautiful!! I was very impressed!!

Mac

Tee, I'm sure that it is the same with BPS stores as it is in any other retail business.....

Much of the appearance is dependant upon the Manager at any particular store. Some are more particular about the first impression of their product than others; these Managers will take great care in making sure that the product is properly displayed. Some don't want to put out the time/effort/money. Those who do will be more profitable in the long run. Those who don't hurt their store and the entire company.

me!

I'll keep my eye out there Scott to see on how much it improves. I can say that my 2001 model that I first got was not quite as clean and fit & finish was alot better on the 2002....of course that boat was FRESH off the assembly line too.

TEE

That is good news to hear because it's time for me to jump into a new boat. As I had told Buzz, and will now admit, I had considered a Ranger or other brand if these kind of issues didn't start getting resolved. My biggest beef is CS. In my mind I had already won the Ranger and was literally torn on whether to keep it, or sell it and get a 901. I will have to see some of the new models for myself. unfortunately, the local dealer is not keen on bass boats of any kind (new owner) and ready to drop the line I think. That means I have a drive to find them. If I have to drive to Auburn Hills, so be it, but I need local CS. There is no doubt that the Nitros offer a softer ride, and that is very important to me and my back, over fit and finish, but those are important as well. Glad to hear your report Mac, I know it's an honest appraisal. That's why I love this board. No BS just the facts usually. And as you said, it shows that Tracker is watching and listening.

O.K. .....I guees a LITTLE praise is due....I can say that 185 I have rides better than some HIGH dollar boats. A buddy of mine has a fiberglass boat(not gonna' name names here for fear of well you know)18 ft. in length and a 115 Evinrude and he likes my boat better. Went out this past weekend with a chop heavy enough to slow others down and I just dropped the hammer and let her fly! Still a smooth ride....for aluminum that's a good ride. There ya' go guys....I said it!

TEE

Alright TEE...a little more counseling and you should be as good as new!!! LOL

(((knocking on monitor)))

Is this thing working right?

Alright TEE!

Now, I'm still waiting for a good word on that 90!

az

Well...we're just a small portion of the entire populace that owns and runs Nitro's and Trackers,..but we are a hardcore dedicated and passionate bunch, with a lot of good ideas and thought provoking opinions!! No doubt about that!! If our opinions and suggestions are heard,..and a few of them acted upon,...and it makes for a better product or enhanced customer service,..then this board and it's members are worth their weight in gold!! (Gee Trep,...don't you wish you had a girth like mine?..LOL you'd be able to afford that 901!!..ahahaha...sorry dude,..couldn't resist!)

Anyway,...let's keep doing what we do best,...and that's offering to improve and support the products and sport we love so much!! You guys and gals ROCK!! Fish ON...my brutha's and sista's!!

Mac

I'd just like a BPS closer than Chicago,Whats wrong with the Twin cities ? Any answers Ken?

rob,

there's adealer just across the border here....Canadian dollars you say..hint hint...

Rob - I keep TELLING YOU - Move south young man!!! It answers all your questions, and heck you get to fish all year round and with Rich and me!!!

But you ain't got no stinkin smallies! I know, I know, ya got spots, but they ain't the same! They don't have that mean red eye, and the acrobatics!

YES BUT you we also Don't have any NORTHERNS!!! to take your bait!! Though there is nothing I love more on a sunny hot late summer afternoon then chucking spoons in the weeds and fighting Northerns on light tackle!!!

You can have 'em! Hate them durn slimy, toothy critters.

Mr. Rob:

What state holds the record for the largest smallmouth?

Bear

Tennessee,......Dale Hollow!! Billy Westmoreland had a smallie on next to the boat several years ago on a Xmas day that he says would've beat the world record by 2lbs,.....it broke his line just out of nets reach....he said he's never seen a smallie that big in his entire life and he's never seen or hooked on that big ever since!! He says it's haunted him ever since then too!,ahahah...

Correctamundo Mac man. Secretly, I want to be the next Billy Westmoreland. But Champlain will never yield smallies that big! Don't have the growing season. Now THAT guy knows smallies. He's on my "to fish with" list. Got, Forrest and Denny, now Billy and Ray. Or is it Billy Ray? Trep?

My son's Sport Fish of North America Pocket Guide lists the IGFA world record smallmouth bass at 10lbs 14oz caught by John T. Gorman, Dale Hollow, Tennessee, April 24, 1969.

Bob G.

10-14??....wow,..thought it was closer to 12....maybe that's what I was thinking it would've been if Billy would've landed that one he lost,....i just remember him saying it was a good 2# heavier than the current record and the number 12 stuck with me.....ohwell...regardless that's a SUPER TOAD if there ever was one!! man alive!!!....

No, Bob, that must be a line class record. World record is over 12, I'm almost certain.

11 3/4 LBS. by David L. Hayes....I forget the year....47' or 49' not sure. I can tell you that IGFA has dissallowed it as a record. Something about a doctored afadavit...not sure but, have seen the mount personally and that is ONE BIG MUTHA'! Goin' down in October after I do my year end close-out in September and I'm already excited. After about 200 times you'd think I wouldn't get that excited.......NOT!

FISH ON...GET THE NET!

TEE

Rob you should use your talents on ole Dale Hollow sometime and get one of the big uns down there. The locals call largemouths trash fish. My favorite is night smallie fishing on Dale Hollow with a black pig & jig.

Bear

P.S....I also wanted to tell you guys my dad and I are friends of Billy's and just wanted to tell ya'....He's not in the best shape anymore. He's had numerous operations for various things and does not do too much fishin' anymore.His health is not the best but, from what I've heard he's just kinda' takin' it easy.

TEE

Cool....I use to watch his show all the time..."Fishin' Diary".....he was somethin' to be reckoned' with in his day!

Loved his laid back style....master of the hair jig!!

mac

Rob...anytime ya' want to go and try it...just let me know. I am pretty knowledgable of the lake and know a lot of different areas and ways to fish. October and November CAN be just as good if not better than spring. I've caught a lot of smallmouth from Lake Erie to Pickwick and can say those Dale fish are special!

TEE

I've been achin to break the 7lb mark on a smallie. Have 2 over 6, but the biggest was only 6lbs, 6 oz. Still a far cry from 7 or maybe even 8! I can't even begin to imagine the fight. The one 6 lber was on bottom in 25 feet too, only bass that ever took me over 20 minutes to land! See for me, big largemouth loose their fight put just use the old weight. But big smallies.....hey, they still fight like there's no tomorrow AND have the weight. Need one of them ole boys on Sunday right Buzz? I have always wanted to win lunker with a smallie in a tourney mostly dominated by LM.

Rob - My largest (and only trip for Smallies) was up in Canada, I got two 5 1/2lbers in about 5 feet of water on crankbaits. I swore when then hit, like freight trains, that it was a 10lb northern!! Gotta win the lottery and get me a second home up north!!

Nothin' in the world like em'....I've been hooked since 13 when I caught my first 4 1/2 lber. Of course being 13...that thing looked like a monster to me. And yes I'm addicted....it's like a bad drug man...gotta' get a fix soon or I'll be in withdrawel!

TEE

CUT IT OUT!!!! You guys are makin' me drool all over the truck titles sittin' on my desk! Biggest smallie I ever caught was about 3# in October a few years ago down here on the Meramec River..... I'd love to see what a 5#er was like in deep water!

me!

Scott,

Come on over... I'm fishing tomorrow and Friday for smallies. I'm trying to get my 9 yo son on his first 3lber. My daughter has one to her credit and she is hooked!!! My kids tie their own knots now and frees up my time to catch more!! I'm looking for a 5lber!

Bob G.

One of these days, Bob, I WILL take you up on that! Thanks for the invite! In the meantime, gotta sell these trucks so I CAN take you up on it!

me!

Latest posts

Back