Kick Plate for Nitro Installed

• Thread starter Teri C. [IMG]http://www.zjstech.net/~library/8544/
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teri C.

Reaction score
Here is the kick plate I had made for my Nitro for my 9.9 motor. I live right by a 10hp restricted reservior that is nice to fish without driving for an hour or more. Part of the plate comes off so it can be just the flat backing. The motor bolts hold it on. If I ever want to take it off I can. I just have to fill two small holes for the support bracket. What do you think?
kickplate1.jpg

Teri,

That looks like a pretty professional design on your part!! Nice job. Let us know how it performs.

Bob G.

That looks good and is a very good idea. I have a HP limited lake closeby also, and just dropped it off the fishing list after I went to a bigger boat. Good idea!!!

Carlos

Teri did you have to put that tin plate all the way across the back of the boat or was it already there?

I had the tin plate across the back made. The plate where you hang the motor was taken off my tin boat before I traded it. You can get that piece at Cabelas for $100. I paid $200 for the custom part of the plate. Another guy here was going to charge me $600 to do the same thing. I gave the guy a diagram of the bolt holes that hold the big motor on and told him to secure the plate with those so I didn't have to put more holes in the boat. He made the plate and took the motor off to install it. Hope every thing works out when I get to the water.

I must say, that is an incredible piece...

been wondering myself how one would add a kicker... now I know!

(Tin boy's are rejoicing everywhere, since one of their fallen bretheren has been recycled and mounted to a glass *ss!)

Decent, Teri! Really decent!

I gotta ask..... Are you an Engineer for a living?

One suggestion..... Anytime I have put any kind of bolt or screw into my transom, I have coated it and the inside of the hole with silicone to keep moisture out of the wood. There are just too many horror stories out there about transoms that have rotted away because moisture has gotten in. If it wasn't done at the time of installation, I would recommend taking each bolt out now, one at a time, and apply silicone to the bolt and inside of the holes to be sure they are sealed.

Good job!

me!

(Any silicone sealant that you buy in a tube at WallyWorld or a hardware store will do.)

Scott, I am not an engineer. I am a system analyst and work primarily with SAP software but dabble in many other things. Everything he did was sealed very well I thought with silicone. If anyone is interested in having a plate made, he would be happy to do it. I thought his price was just incredible. It was over an hour from here and he even delivered it yesterday because I have a loaner car (bought a new SUV). I did give him $20 for gas. He's a great guy. The place he works for does alot of the fiberglass repairs for the dealers around here. He works there part time and has another job. He does all the work on tins.

Post his name, Teri! (With his permission, of course.)

He sounds like the kind of person we'd all like to do business with!

me!

Ok Teri,

What SUV did you get! Don't tell me you bought a Mercury Sable wagon to tow!!!

Bob G.

No wagon or minivan...I bought a used 2003 Infiniti QX4. It has 16000 miles on it and it in near perfect shape. Saved about $10000 buying it used and it is warrantied bumper to bumper to 100000 miles. I'll post a pick when I get it this week. Had them put a hitch on it and detail it.

Oh, lord..... I hope not..... That would be just TOO much!

(LOL @ Cecil!)

Unfortunately, it doesn't come in yellow so I had to settle for gold.

Boys, Teri just said something that should make you all start trying to win her hand... she works with SAP. I haven't priced that market lately, but SAP gurus used to be VERY expensive and few and far between.

Yes Teri, I know you're not a "piece of meat"; it's just that very few females post here and someone's gotta flirt :).

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHA................

......OUCH.......

OK..... I know nothing more about computers than what it takes to turn it on and click..... What is "SAP"?

Mini, what you do can hardly be classified as "flirting"! LOL

Mikesnow - SO did this post CAUSE you to file divorce papers??? LOL

Teri - VERY impressed!!! Now just transfer your SAP skills to Siebel and you'll have another decade of paychecks!!!

Scott - SAP (see link below if you are realy bored and interested!!!) is a software solution for businesses to manage their end-end needs: resources, customers, supply chain, and finances. It has a HUGE install base of customers and competes with other vendors such as Oracle Financials, JDEdwards, Siebel and other vendors.
http://www.sap.com/

A single man should not have a nickname of "Mini". Ha!

SAP contractors do make alot of money; however, I am not a contractor so I work at quite a reduced rate. I could make major bucks but I prefer to have stability and spare time. I wouldn't want to travel all the time. I have too much fun doing things outside of work.

Like water off a ducks back folks....

Never get complaints...;)

Mini

Yeah, and OMC doesn't get complaints either... hard to get complaints when you have no customers :)

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!

(I'm sorry, Mini, but all this really is just too good!)

LOL,Mike!.....Boy this conversation has gone down hill since my initial post.

Daaaaaayum! I'd quit while you're.....well behind, but stop before you get any deeper mini! LOL Don't want that pic of your Hooters he-she poppin back up! LOL Just when you thought it was safe to go back into the post!

Well thats all I will post for now....lol

Got to get to work.

Mini

Hey, I never was against you on this post, READ AND KNOW the posts buddy! LOL I was laughing WITH you not AT you. OK, I was laughing at you a little, but you had it coming eyebrow barber! I'm holding your BB King's bar & grill T-shirt hostage til I come back out there. Pay packs are a....well you know!

Well, I am safe from Mini because I look nothing like his groupies.

I think the motor was pushing the limit of the bracket. The springs on the bracket that allow the motor to move up and down were not functioning easily. When I got the motor to the right height, I bounce it up and down and the springs gave and the motor went to the ground. Not pretty. I don't think it would hold up very well in the water.

Latest posts

Back