Key or ignition switch replacement

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chadrick Thomasson

Reaction score
need help i lost my keys while swimming in a lake to my boat. i had to use the trolling motor to get back to the dock luckly the battery did not die. I need help location a replacement key or switch for a 1997 Nitro 185SF

Should be a number imprinted on the key switch, give that to your Mercury dealer and he should be able to find a key. Where's your spare key at?? On those of those keys there was a little plate that you punch out (to store in a safe location) in this type of event. However failing that, you can always just get another ignition switch with pair of keys and wire it in. If you get in a bind finding a key locally, call Don Weed (or parts department) at European Marine http://www.europeanmarine.org/partsaccessories.html and they'll help get you going.

I keep my spare keys (boat, trailer receiver, spare tire lock and house key) in the only lockable storage space on the jeep. This started a few years ago, lost my keys without a cell phone and had along walk to call for help.

cq

Latest posts

Back