Ken Neely/Dan J. - Q on Parts Warranty

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrepMan

Reaction score
Ken - Last Oct. I bought a 2 step ladder from BPS here in Atlanta and had Tracker Marine install it (it folds in two and is bolted to my transom). After one summer of use one of the screws that hold the ladder to the brackets has come loose. I've taken her apart and it's a stainless screw into a PLASTIC threaded nut of some sort in the bracket, that is stripped. Short of trying to screw in a larger size screw, I can't find an easy way to fix

My question is (and I don't remember the brand) is would this be covered by BPS?? I see my options as:

1) bring it back to the Tracker shop before 1 year is up, and Tracker/BPS would deal with the manufacture on the break and put a new one on?

2) Take the ladder off myself and take back to BPS asking for a replacement?

I do need to take the boat in for a yearly tune up and 2 small warranty items, but I know that BPS and Tracker Marine are 2 companies. Don't want to ask the Marine tech's to swap/repair something that is BPS's problem with the manufacturer.

Thanks in advance for any help.

TrepMan

Tough call on this one...try calling the BPS there in Atlanta and see what they suggest.

good luck

Trep,

At your convenience, bring the boat by the shop and ask for Jason Bentley, Service Manager. It sounds like an easy fix. I'm sure you'll be satisfied. We're all one big family with a similar goal,"Keep the customer happy."

Thanks Dan!

I talked to service this afternoon and will bring in next Thursday morning. My youngest turns 2 on Sunday so i'll be picking up relatives on Saturday, party on Sunday and relatives till Tuesday so no fishing next weekend.

I'll ask for Jason when I get there. Will you be in on Thursday next week (Sept 27th???) I've got some usual shopping to do and I know Noah would love to hear how your trip up north went.

TrepMan

Trepster,

Talked to Jason this morning and he assures me that they'll get you fixed up and ready for fun! I'll be in the store tomorrow and the following Friday. After that, I'll be waiting for the go word on the new store and will be there more often as I can. It'll be great! A nice diversion from everything at hand. Enjoy the visit with the relatives, and count on our service personnel to have you ready for your next piscatorial excursion.

Thanks Dan. Sorry we'll miss you next Thursday!

Trying right now to plan an evening outing to the Dead Sea before the boat goes in next week, just have to negotiate with the "Boss" for the right evening and then i'm off!

Trepman

Latest posts

Back