Ken, Michigan Question

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott S.

Reaction score
Ken, have you heard of or have any info on Wixon Lake located in northern Michigan?? A friend of mine moved there and bought a house on the lake, we both have little info. Any favorite Mich Websites of yours? Lookin to do some ice fishen up there if we ever get safe ice.

Exos,

I probably can help. I work for the Michigan DNR and probably will be able to get you some maps and survey data if you are interested. Just let me know.

Jon

If it is the one in Gladwin County you are in for a treat! Good largemouth and smallmouth, pike, walleye and lots of gills and crappie. Fishing Hot Spots makes a good map for the lake (Map number G179).

Always did well with topwater for smallies and double tailed skirted grubs for largemouth.

Which "arm" did he move on? Wixom is a 1980 acre resivoir of the Tobacco (West Arm) and Titibawasee (East Arm) Rivers. I prefer the East Arm for both species of bass.

Hope that helps!

Mini

I won a tournament way up in the backwaters of the west arm,...pitchin' worms and jigs into the wood shoreline cover,......it is a very cool fishery!! Kind of reminds me of a southern reservoir with everything from hi-steep banks and deep drops,...to large flats and creek channels. You'll find all kinds of variation in the water clarity too...from gin clear to hot chocolate,..all on the same day!! LOL

Mac

Thanx for the info now I am really looking forward to this lake!!! I will get some more info and let you guys know

Esox,

Sorry I didn't get back to you...I was laid up for a while...but it looks like you got the info you need.

Stop in at BPS on your way there sometime.

KEN!!!!!

How did the "fillet"ing go???

Will you be ready to pitch and flip at the boat shows????

I am not sharing my combo this year, you have had plenty of time getting one...lol

Mini

Mini,

It went well but it's very PAINFULL!!!!

I've got about half a dozen combos, but I don't know if I'll even be ready by ice-out....

I'll have to practice right-handed I guess!!!!

Well take it slow, ask your physical therapist.....it could be come part of your rehab....

Did you get my cell number? Program it and use it....lol

Mini

Latest posts

Back