Keelshield or Hambys

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john edwards

Reaction score
I have 2002 nx882 and am looking to protect my keel. Any thoughts on these two products. I'm wanting to install myself. Any information from someone who has used and installed either of these, would be greatly appreciated. Also the best place to purchase.

Thanks in advance.

John

I did the Keelshield on my '99 Nitro (I bought it in 2007), sold it in 2001 and used it all year round, not an issue and was easy to install and as far as I know still holding up 100% attached for the current owner. I had the dealer install a Keelshield as a requirement on my current fish/ski.

I've heard nothing but good things about Hamby's except the standard one needs a professional installation.

Trep

Ditto what Trep said......Keelshield all the way for a DIY project.....Hamby's should be a dealer or factory install.

I've had Keelshields on 3-4 of my older boats and they've all been perfect....and super easy to install.;)

I had a keelsheild shipped to Australia and fitted it to my Z6 no probs at all, make sure you buy a good sealant to seal the edges after install and you should have a trouble free product. I was worried it would knock some performance off but absolutely no difference there.

C'mon fellas....my name shoulda come up by now:lol:

John,

I am Pro-Staff for Keelshield and have been for years. They are the absolute best in the "self applied" catagory. Lifetime warranty and just a damn good product. Email me and if a KeelShield is what you want, I will get you a deal. That has always been the standing offer on this board. Now just pray that Mac doesn't post the pictures of me installing one!!:eek: :lol:

Dan J - EWWW now you got that IMAGE in my head again, NOOOO!!!!!! LOL

Tox....that visual haunts me to this day.....far to mentally damaging to ever end up on the web. :angry::eek::eek:

Keel Shield all the way had one installed on my new boat. Put the first one myself did as Toxic told me and the old lady has never walked out in the garage again while Im working on the boat.:lol:

Latest posts

Back