Keelshield / Keel Guard

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It will slow it down about 10 mph! Just Kidding, It didnt change my z-8 any

Does anyone know if they will fit a Tracker 2011 Targa Combo?

Thanks for the fast responses, there appears to be a few brands out there, can anyone recommend one over the other?

From what I see so far, a 6' Keelguard is $149.99 at BPS and the Keelshield same size is $157.50 on line, nothing in the price, I'm purely concerned about quality and longevity please.

I just put a Keelshield on my Z7 I bought it at Academy. Love it. Wouldnt go without it. It takes 2 people to put on but worth it. And It didnt slow mine or affect handling at all.

Email me if you decide on a KeelShield, I've put on a lot of them and never heard of one failing. They are a good investment. Lifetime guarantee. It is amazing just how little it takes to chip glass, small stick in the water for example. Wouldn't beach without one. Thanks Bob...I'm glad you remembered.

I had a Keel Guard installed on my Z7 from the selling dealer; the following year after 2 weeks in the water at the cottage in Canada a section came loose. I called the factory and they sent a replacement out right away, only requesting to have the old one sent back. I installed the new one with the help of a friend in the auto refinishing business and no problem to date. My opinion is the dealer did a quick install and did not prep properly!

Backatcha Mark. KeelShield will not criticize any other makers product but I can guarantee you I have seen a lot more instances of other brands fail and it's not just the installers fault. KeelShield uses top notch materials and adhesives. Good prep work only makes a good product better. I had one on my 2000 929 that was still as strong as the day I put it on when I sold it in 2011. As a matter of fact, it is on the website. Tan hull with a black topcap sitting on a NITRO black trailer.

Thanks for all the responses, and Tox, thankyou for the code, just waiting on Keelshield to get back to me with a shipping rate so I can place an order.

cheers

My Keelshield just arrived but it has no scourer pad in the kit. Is the pad justa typical green scotchbrite type pad or is it a certain grade or coarseness?

Any Scothbrite pad will work as will fine sandpaper. Kit should have included Rubber glove, activator packet, smoothing tool, and scuffing pad.

Neither did I Tox, 3 times I tried, bit odd but never mind, I have one now, fitted it last night so I'll give it a try in a couple of days. ;)

Not normally but that's just me. I never did mine and it held for 10 years with absolutely no separation. But, I didn't beach a whole lot. It can't hurt and it does give it a clean look.

Latest posts

Back