Keelshield Installed

• Thread starter Travis Blankenship
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Travis Blankenship

Reaction score
Finally got the keelshield installed today. Turned out pretty good. Easy to install and directions were easy to follow. Lets hope its as good as they say. Will post pics as soon as I can figure out how. Lol

They are. I've had one on my Ranger for years now and it is really paying for itself this year with the water so high. I have to keep beaching my boat to get in and out and the keelshield protects my hull. Don't worry, it WON'T come off!

Totally optional. I never sealed mine and in 9 years of use it was still tight when I sold it. It's not a bad idea if you beach in shallow water/sand a lot.

TOXIC

What kind of sealant do u recommend. I have heard alot about the 3M 5200 marine adhesive. Would this work ok?

We've actually developed a relationship with Ziebart to spray on a keel-guard out of RHINO-LINING. As most of you know, this stuff is very durable, and is SPRAYED on, to a thickness of about 3/16". It does not come off, and be touched up very easily if it's gouged with "herculiner".

Oh.....and you can have it ANY color you like......as long as it's BLACK....:blink:

Back