Keel guard vs Keel shield

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Travis Blankenship

Reaction score
I was just wondering which y'all prefer. Also I have a 2005 NX882 which is suppose to be 18'2". Which length should I get they have one for boats that are 17-18' and one that is 19-20'. Which one do I need. Also what is the difference between the keel guard and the shield. Any info would help on knowing what length to get.

Thanks

You might as well have directed this to me.....My personal preference is the KeelShield. I am sponsored by them but it is truly a great product. Lifetime warranty and test results that show it is top notch. Claims of which is better go back and forth between KeelShield and Megaware Keelguard and KeelShield and as a staffer for KeelShield, I will not bash another product. I have helped a lot here get a KeelShield and have installed quite a few as well. I could spout the claims by each but long story short, the KeelShield I have on my boat has been there for 9 years. I'll get you a discount if you are interested just contact me after you go to the KeelShield website and find the color and length you need.

TOXIC
www.keelshield.com

I'll gladly 2nd Tox's opinion,.....I've had 3 Keelshields and they are top notch....one came factory installed....Tox installed one...and I put the last one on myself. Very easy to do yourself and never had any one of them come loose or need repairing. I highly recommend their products!!;):wub:

not that it needs it but i agree with the previous.my

i've had them on all my glass boats. would never trust anything else.

Here's a pic of mine installed. It is on KeelShields website as well.

IM000004.JPG

TOXIC

Been thinking about one for my Tundra it luminum but thinks it's glass.

fatrap

I am with Hammer.

KeelShield

I know you did not ask about Hamby's but I HAD one on my boat...damn thing was letting loose and the bungholes would not cover under the lifetime warranty BUT, they would sell me one at cost!!! Ummm yeah.......:rolleyes:

I would recommend Keelshield as well. I installed one on my last boat and had no problem for 3 years. On my current boat I knocked a hole in the Keelshield, but they replaced it without question. I will say there is nothing worse than having to get the adhesive off once one is put on. So hope you don't have a problem regardless of the brand you choose.

HP

Actually CIII, Megaware bought Hamby's. Steve is right, you better get it right the first time when applying, there's no second chance. 2 sets of hands make it quick work.

TOXIC

Roger that hammer..I jsut know I talked to Roger and he was the one that said no....

Also agree, the tape crap they sued to hold the old on on is like a foam sticky tape...got most of the chunky stuff off easy, not the sticky part on teh hull though!

I have the keelshield and the Bow Shield...easy install I Had questions I called them they went out of there way to help me..I'll be a repeat customer...

Latest posts

Back