Kansas City Boat Show

• Thread starter Mike Harrison [URL]http://www.kansascitysportshow.
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Harrison

Reaction score
I went to the 51st Annual Kansas City Sportshow last night at Bartle Hall. There was the usual "blah blah" trips and "blah blah" speed boats and usual "blah blah" "tricked out" trucks that couldn't haul a jetski. I think I counted 4 rows of ACTUAL fishing tackle in the WHOLE place. Found the bass boats strewn throughout the junk boats. Seemed to be quite a lot of tin boats there priced like glass boats. That could be because of all the 4-strokes hanging on the back. There were a couple of decent looking deals on a Ranger and one Triton. Everything else seems like they weren't trying to actually sell them.

The Triton I saw was a TR-186 single console with a leftover Mercury XR6 150hp for $16,999. Where's my checkbook??? The Ranger I saw was a dual console 185vs with a Mercury 150 opti for $22,999.

All in all, each year I get more and more depressed with the show. Maybe it's just me, but I could care less about going to Manitoba, Canada or elsewhere to hunt or fish. If I do get the desire...I have yahoo or google to help me. When I was a kid, there always seemed to be SO much more fishing gear to buy or try out. Maybe I'll just wait to spend my $9 to get in when I finally get 100% ready buy that new shiny/sparkly glass boat. Just my 2cents...

Mike Harrison
http://www.kansascitysportshow.com/

I agree....The boat show season fires up here in Memphis starting next week and every year I get psyched and every year I get let down. I basically go to them now to get fliers for Bass Clubs and Charity tournaments then I leave. Some of the seminars are good but that can be a hit or miss situation depending on my work schedule.

The past three years have been quick 1 hour visits..LA

The Cincy boat show starts next weekend but that's the golfing weekend. The following weekend is the fishing and hunting exhibits. What's golf got to do with boats? The whole show is slim when it comes to fishing. I've seen more tackle at the spring home and garden show. Years ago I used to spend a fortune on tackle and now there's hardly enough to fill a tackle box. I really feel the boat show is for the pleasure boaters and not fishing folks. What makes me mad is that I'll probably still go to the show.

Da Bear

We have the Ultimate Fishing Show starting next week in Novi, MI. Kevin VanDam, Keith Kaviecz (sp), Gary Parsons, Joe Thomas, Gerry Gostenak will all be doing seminars, Many other local pros and guides, too. One of the seminar stages is a Nitro bass boat in apond with a functional trolling motor. That I cant wait to see. I dont know why I got left off the seminar list this year....I have done them at this show in the past.

Anyway I will be there in the Freeway Sports booth for Skeeter Boats. Come by and say hi if you attend.

Mini

Well I think we in the Richmond, VA area have the grand daddy of all fishing/boat shows coming up later this month. BASSARAMA in Richmond at the fairgrounds/raceway complex. Jan 28 to Jan 30.

I'll be at Richmond. Come look me up. I think the reason that the shows anre turning into "Boat" shows and tackle distributors are backing out is that lovely thing called the internet. I would like to know how much business BPS or any big distributor does on-line. I'll bet it's huge. Why go through the effort and expense of packing up a ton if inventory, setting up a booth, stocking the booth during the show, packing up all the inventory, packing up the booth and heading to the next show. As a boat dealer, you pull them in park em' and that's it. As a guide, I show up, and talk till I'm blue in the face about fishing. Hopefully I'll book a few trips. But I have to stay out in a motel for 2 nights and it's on me. When I get called to do shows for sponsors, it's on them.

TOXIC

HEy Don't knock Manitoba Canada...it's great place to live !! I know first hand! Just Kidding......But you all are welcome to c'mon up and I'll take you fishing!

Latest posts

Back