just traded in nitro

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ed Earley

Reaction score
just traded my nitro for another brand

i will miss it....still would like to be a part of this board...like all the advice and posts

I'm sure I speak for most when I say, "You are always welcome." Please don't be a stranger. Hope u enjoy your new boat. And please, let us know if u have any problems with your new boat, and what the problem is. Maybe we can help. I hope u have no problems, but if you do, please let us know how customer service with other brand response. Robert

Geez, Ed...... They allow ME to stick around....... YOU shouldn't have any problem!

me!

(Hope you casn come to the Rally next year, too!)

Ed - Don't keep us in suspense any longer... What did you get? We want all the details, size, model, motor, options, color...

i purchased a Crestliner 1750DC Fish Hawk w/ suzuki

115 4 stroke, minn kota 24 volt auto pilot, lowrance x85 on dash and x65 on trolling motor.. i looked real hard at the targa WT but could not get any deal or trade value from tracker. this hurt. i test drove C-Liner before buying and it was a awsome set up

also thanks for the invite to stay on board... this is one of my favorites

Ed, you just purchased one of the boats I have been looking at since the 02's Came out. That is a very nice boat and am curious what kind of trailer you went with, other options, etc... I am still undecided, but one of the options on your boat I really like is the Northwoods Package/ Vinyl Floor DId you get it? Also The optional cover? Also What speed did you get out out the 115 'Zuki ? I like the Targa 17, but the Crestliner and Lund seem to have some more quality and great resale.

Ed, I am the Sales Manager at Bass Pro Outdoor World in Auburn Hills MI, I just talked to Doug and I am working on a deal for you. I will get ahold of you on Monday. There is a hughe difference between the two boats. With the Targa you can get the full walk thru windsheild, 4 seats standard, larger gunnels, and larger live wells and bait wells, with the flow-rite system. The biggest difference is that our boat is .100 alumimin throughout the whole boat and two piece construction instead of three making it stronger. Plus we make our trailers so the are custom fit with swing away tounge for easy storage. I will be in touch with you Monday. Thanks for you interest in Tracker Mark Hall

No Doubt he Targa is nice too, but Crestliner I believe moved the Gas Tank under the center of the hull. This helps compensate for Stern Heavy boats common with 4 Strokes, and Especially a Kicker Motor should you add one. I really wish I had an oppertunity to compare these two at the same time on the Water. I have been in a Crestliner and the Ride was Very Nice. A Stern Trolling Motor Plug for $120 Sounds High to me, I am a do-it yourselfer though. Definately like some features of each, but the AEROFLO Guages on the Crestliner definately are nice. Does your Tennessee Trailer have Brakes? The Guy at Bass Pro Told me I do not need them, but when you add all the gear, gas, Batteries, Spare Tire, Cover, Beer, etc The weight really Adds up. I would not buy a trailer without brakes myself.

Essox

the folks at crestliner told me i did not need brakes either on the 1750. total pkg weight should be around 1800-1900 lbs. i thought the 120 was high also but they said it is a pain to add afterwords and it is cleaner and easier as they put boat together. the gas tank is centered on the 1850 and towards the rear on 1750 but the boat had no problem getting on plane, just a ouple of seconds it seemed like. i did like the 1850 for a few bucks more but it would not fit in garage.i fish for bass and muskie about 50% each i think the casting deck on this boat is great and is a great muti-species boat.BPS was suppose to give me call as you see by the prior post on a targa but never called? i did belong to a tracker bass club but will have to find other tourneys to fish. are you in the midwest and where do you fish?

Ed, I live just Outside Chicago, and fish local inland waters, Lake Michigan, Wisconson Lakes and Rivers(especially Wisconsin River) and Take an annual trip to Canada for Muskies. Along with these locations I plan to visit other areas including Kentucky Lake in March 2002 and Inland Michigan Lakes for the first time. My variety is the hardest thing to adapt a boat too. Lake Michigan is the roughest water, but I only go out if its dead calm. I know my limits, and feel if a Boat like a Targa 17 or Crestliner cannot handle it, I should not be out on the water. Its important to me to be able to fish Shallow Water too. Other issues important to me are Safety (Trailer Brakes) and Comfortable towing. A rig larger than this towed as much as I do would probably give me road rage... Where do you fish??

Also my estimate is as follows... 17 Foot Boat 1100 lbs. 115 HP Motor 400 lbs, Trailer 300 lbs, Gas 175 lbs, Batteries (2), 110 lbs, Trolling Motor 40 lbs, Misc + Fishing Gear 100 lbs, as you can see adding 3-4 Loaded Coolers for a Long trip to Canada easily climbs over 2000 lbs and possibly as High as 2500 lbs if you have everyting full, 3 Batteries, Water in Livewell etc. Now you see my reason for Trailer Brakes.

Esox Tracker

i also live outside chicago in dyer,in. i work in chgo at a buick dealer i do finance. i fish mostly inland lakes shafer,freeman,manitaou,wolf,cecil harding this are for bass and such, then webster, loon, skinner and such for muskie. i go to minoqua wisc every year for the musky also i like big arbor vita lake. we should hook up to fish for the skis i end up fishing musky by myself alot(my wife is scared to death of them since she seen one up close). i'am going to try and order brakes for my trailer also, my rig is not suppose to be ready till jan/feb. it sounds like good advice. i pull my boat with a jeep cherokee. BPS got hold of me to try and save a deal with the targa but said the couldnt match deal of C-liner or Targa from local dealer. I feel i'am buying a good boat but i wish tracker would have stepped up right away i would of bought, but they never gave me a deal till i showed them buyers order from crestliner. i fished with tracker club a couple of times. and advertise on the Fishing Friends radio show for them on WJOB 1230. the folks at C-liner trated me great and gave me great money for my nitro trade. also with the crest i'am have better gauges, auto pilot 24v trolling motor and lowrance electronics which i fell are better.

Latest posts

Back