Just bought my first bass boat...2006 Nitro 482 w/ 115HP Mercury

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GHPhotography

Reaction score
I have been fishing with a small bass club here in Austin for the last 8 years with friends in their boat. Finally bought my own boat and keep it in a storage facility about 2.5 miles from the house. Looking forward to fishing the Central Texas lakes. We fish Lake Austin, Georgetown, Bastrop, Fayette, Stillhouse, and Decker. Looking forward to learning any tips and techniques from this website members on fishing, Nitro hints or suggestions, and maintenance tips. Use Gary Pender at Tracker Marine in North Austin for all repairs and keep the boat at Shoreline Boat and RV Repair and Storage.

Attachments

• boat in street.jpg
    boat in street.jpg
    511.2 KB · Views: 1,138
Welcome and learn your boat, my first new new boat was a 170DC with 115 Merc. I spent a number of tanks of gas just learning how it operated, boy was it fun afterwards. Everyday on the water is different, what you use today may not work tomorrow. My 2 cents is JUST HAVE FUN.

cq

Thanks...looking forward to fishing out of it. Raining this weekend (finally, Central Texas is sure needing it) so probably next weekend before I get to take it out. Just got the boat back Thursday from Tracker Marine, and ready for the water. Got a new trolling motor installed and spare tire mounted on trailer. They hooked it up to diagnostic machine and it showed the motor has 67.2 hrs on it. Like brand new. Looking forward to catching me some LMB!!! Thanks for the welcoming replies...

Just bought the same boat '07 model. Really nice solid rig! Mines in the shop getting things right but soon I will be back in the game! Welcome aboard!

UPDATE !!! I have been fishing out of this boat for 4 months now, and the boat CAN catch some fish!!! I have caught at least one fish every single trip in it!!! My tournament partner caught a 9 lber and I caught a 8 lber within one hour of each other on Lake Austin back in October. Then the first part of December, he caught a 5 lber also on Lake Austin. LOVE THE BOAT !!!! Looking forward to many more trips and fish especially when it warms up a bit. Been fishing Lake Austin exclusively, but will hit Bastrop, Decker, and Georgetown as it gets warmer.

UPDATE !!! I have been fishing out of this boat for 4 months now, and the boat CAN catch some fish!!! I have caught at least one fish every single trip in it!!! My tournament partner caught a 9 lber and I caught a 8 lber within one hour of each other on Lake Austin back in October. Then the first part of December, he caught a 5 lber also on Lake Austin. LOVE THE BOAT !!!! Looking forward to many more trips and fish especially when it warms up a bit. Been fishing Lake Austin exclusively, but will hit Bastrop, Decker, and Georgetown as it gets warmer.

YOU can catch some fish. The boat just keeps you from drowning while you do it. :)

Very good to read. Hope you can post some images when you get a chance.

Great to hear of YOUR success's. The boat just gets you there and back.

My first boat was the 2004 Nitro NX882 with 150, and it's more than enough. You got yourself a good looking ride.

This is my 8 lber. I caught that I posted about and photos of my boat...

Attachments

• 8 lber horiz.jpg
    8 lber horiz.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 324
  • 8 lber vert.jpg
    8 lber vert.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 285
  • boat street10x6.jpg
    boat street10x6.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 416
  • my boat.jpg
    my boat.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 377
That is one nice bass and one nice boat but can't say much about that ugly old mug holding the fish. Oh wait that wouldn't be you would it (he he). Just kidding man, you wouldn't want to see this old mug for sure.

Nice boat, nice fish!

I always thought the 482 was a sharp looking rig.

Still fishing and still catching...trying to catch a ShareLunker or at least a DoubleDigit... Lake Austin is HOT for large mouth bass...