Just Bought A Used 2000 Tournament V18

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigDan1965

Reaction score
I just bought a used 2000 Tracker Tournament V18 with a 90hp Mercury that has a hole in its head. I have a very beat up Raycraft bass boat with a recently rebuilt 1985 Johnson GT 150. I am gonna pull the Johnson GT 150 off of my Raycraft and hang it on the Tournament V18 . One question I have is how many gallons of gas does the gas tank hold on the 2000 Tournament V18 ??? There is some gas in the tank and since the 90 Mercury was oil injected I need to put oil in the tank . I figure I will add enough oil for a full tank of gas and then top it off at the gas pump . But I need to know how many gallons this tank holds so I can put in enough oil.
The carpet in this 2000 Tournament V18 is all rotten and tearing. I plan on ripping it all out , sanding the wood decks down to get a good clean surface. Then scuffing them up and applying a coat of Durabak. Durabak is like truck bed liner but it is made for boat decks . Also the seats are all cracked and torn so I will be replacing them as well.
Any advice any of you may have would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Yep that's it !!! Thanks for finding that for me !!! I called Tracker Marine and gave them my hull serial number and they told me that it was a 38 gallon fuel tank. I just took the boat to my mechanic today to have the Johnson GT 150 installed on it . On the way I put enough oil in the tank for a 50:1 ratio for 38 gallons of gas and topped off the tank.

I also have a 2000 TV-18 with a Mercury 90hp on it. Great boat. I've heard the transom on that boat can buckle with a 150hp on it due to the motor weight and transom support design. Tracker fixed that problem in later models.

Latest posts

Back