June 13-15th Mini Rally.....Northern MI.

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill McElroy

Reaction score
OK Guys/Gals,....Here's the scoop....I had a buddy who lives in Elk Rapids, call a friend of his who owns the "Torch River Resort" (nice place!!!)...We have a block of 5 rooms reserved for our group and there's a possible 4 other rooms available if necessary. Each room has 2 double beds and we will get those rooms for $60/nite!! That's a deal!! Call the resort, 231-322-4444 and ask for Amy,...tell her you're with the "Nitro Owner's Bass Club" and she'll hook you up. My buddy, who lives a mile away from the resort offered to drag his gas grill down to the resort for a saturday night BBQ or we can all go to his house if we want. He told me that the "Crown Line" Boat company is also going to be up there at the resort that weekend for a photo shoot for their '04 catalog, and the place will be full of bikini clad models...so the scenery should be glorious! This is NOT an official "Rally", and there will be no prizes or anything like that,...just a weekend in Northern MI, and an opportunity to experience some primo smallie fishing, with mutual friends and family from this website......rooms are available now, so call and

get one reserved. The $60/nite is for the whole room too, so guys who want to split a room can get 2 nights for $60ea!!...that's a deal!!! Don't wait. BTW,..food, and beverages are all up to you too....we can all chip in and do something together saturday night if we want, but let's keep it simple!! Hope to see a bunch of you up there!!

Mac

Mac, you are a bad, bad, man!! That is an offer almost too good to refuse, I gotta check my schedule and distance. what is the boat situation? Boats vs. riders?

TOXIC

Will call tonite... Thanks for doing the arrangements

Tox,...if you make the effort to drive all the way here from VA. for a weekend,...I will make sure you go with ME!!

I was planning on taking my buddy Dick (He's the one who lives up there) but 3 can fish out of my boat easily! Plus Dick has a TR-20 with a 200 EFI too, so there will be no shortage of boats. Dick will be more than happy to take his boat and someone with him too if necessary....so don't be affraid to come "boatless".....we WILL get you a ride!!!

Mac

(It would be a 14-15hr drive to Elk Rapids from VA,...piece o'cake,...I drove 15hrs from my house to Beaver Lk!!...We will have cold beer and cigars waiting for you!!..LOL) I'll be going up friday after work myself.....should be up there by 8-9pm!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHH.....Just checked my calander, my Dad is in from Nebraska that weekend!! And I am soooooooooo ready for a road trip!! RATS!! Toad smallies, cold beer, cigars, bikini clad women, what more could you ever want.....I am sinking into a deep, deep depression right now!!

TOXIC

OK twist my arm...Count me and a buddy in with my 882. Greg we can caravan up there together. Shoot me an E-mail with the exact dates times ect...I have some vacation time to burn if necessary.

Craig,...I just might!! I was planning on taking the wife and kids up with me since her parents are up there too....but Kathy told me that Julie might have to work so they may not be able to go....I will let you know ASAP!!

We'll probably be staying at Dick and Carolyn's house,..a mile from the resort!! I'll make Kathy give me a deffinite answer and I'll call you later this week or next....hang tight big dog!! (If you go,..bring your sweeeet camera!!!)

Ken as always... there will be room for you somewhere on mine... always

You could come with me Ken, but I'll be on my family fishing vacation in Ontario. (I hope it's not black fly season).

Mac, why couldn't you pic a different weekend??? We'll just have to go back again that's all. We'll hit Saginaw bay too.

Dude,..we picked that june weekend back in January!!! LOL

You'll have fun in Canada then anyway,.....the Black flies will keep you entertained!! You all might just want to wear diapers for a week...you deffinetely DON'T want to drop trow up there!!! (or so I've read and been told!) LOL

Greg,

If Rhonda doesn't want to go, do you wanna room together?

Ken,

Just let me know... and we can set up the "roomies" thing again... I enjoyed our "open bar" atmosphere... Hope the place has crushed ice down the hall I would so hate to "rough it"!

We should have called it the "B&B" bar...bourbon and bourbon!!!

Mac I have a tourny the 14th on leelanau but will be around that night and can be there friday and sunday, if any one don't have a boat I will take them out..

bob

Mac...Give me a call. I've already penciled myself off(sounds kinda strange, eh?) that weekend. Kathy's been trying to pawn me off on someone so I can go fishing and get outa her hair. Gotta get a boat. Maybe a year old used Ranger in the fall. Know any that may be for sale?

Craig

Craig we have a '99 Nitro 911 CDC for sale if interested....

Drop Me a line if your interested.

T.S.

How did my name get involved in this...lol

I may be able to make it....MAYBE.

Mini

I have 'slight' conflict that weekend, but I'm pretty sure the wife is gonna excuse me from it...gotta love her!

Anybody bringing kids???

It would be tough for me to go without my #1, soon-to-be 12 year old, partner!

az

Craig-

Yep...

I could see that happening!!!

LOL

We go up that way every fall on a 3 or 4 day trip...

We normally target largemouth down here, so I'd like some 'inside info' on getting after those smallies up there!

Just wondered if anyone else would be bringing any kids...

az

Just talked to my buddy Dick who will be our local "Host and Guide" for that weekend,....he said we should plan on going to Lk. Charlevoix on saturday,....we'll all caravan together or anybody who wants to fish the Elk/Torch/Skegemog Lk chain will only be 100yds from that ramp!!..ahaahhha.....so we'll have a riot!!...The marina complex owner owns the marina and the Torch Lk. resort so it's all on the same property!! It's a choice location!!!

I think I'll fish Charlevoix on saturday, and then fish the Elk/Torch/Skegemog chain on sunday. BTW,..I'll be bringing Craig up with me,....so we'll fish satand sunday and leave for home sunday late afternoon.....@ 4pm or so.....we'll have a blast!!

Mac

I have a tournement on the 14th of June. Otherwise wild horses couldn't keep me away. It sounds like the ideal outing with a great bunch of guys.

Bummer,...would love to see my old boat again!! She still treatin' you right????

Torch River Marine is also an All Star Dealer :)

maybe Dick and I will fish against you folks...lol

Mini

I think it's Mini's turn to bye, lol,,,,,

Mac you going to bring your pins to do some rods?

bob.

nope!!!...that's NOT going to be a "working" holiday for this kid!!...Sorry!!..LOL...

Mac,

The 901 is better than ever ! I border on anal when it comes to taking care of the boat. Can't help it that's the way I am. You have to protect your investment.Right down to the last little scratch,dent or ding has been taken out. Not that the boat wasn't already in terrific shape when I got it, it was. I mounted the new MG on the front and will try it out this weekend.At this point in time it is my dream boat.My driveway never looked so good ! Thanks Mac.

Maybe you guys in MI. will host another outing later in the year.It's been my privalige just to get to meet some of you in person .

Mark

Don't blame you Mac, I will see you guys when you get up here.

bob

OKay,

Lets get a "roll call" for the folks who are going...

Also, Ken... are you bringing family or bunking with me?

Craig "The Parts Guy" Roberts will be riding up with me,....we'll be staying at my buddy's house 1 mile away from the rest of you hedonists!!! Seeya Friday evening!!

Mac (and Craig!!)

Thanks again Mac for figuring out a place that would take the likes of me and Ken... You DID tell them the "character" of their guests, so there will be no surprises for them...

absolutely not,....everybody loves surprises!! Besides,..you're getting the rooms for $65/nite...if I would've spilled the truth beans,....they'da charged you $350/nite!!..LOL

Crap... another town that I am going to be run out of.... The list is getting longer and longer.. whole states have been posted!!!! add Neeley's "out of town by sundown" list and together, we aren't even allowed on Devils Island!

hahaha...well you'll know you're BAD when Satan cancels your reservation!!!..LOL

Hey Mac...

Didn't you ever wonder why I was still alive? It was cancelled long ago and the "other guy" has some minimal behavior standards... I can't go anywhere!!!

Okay Dogs,...who's going??..anybody besides Greg?? Mini called me today from up there and he said there's only been 1 room reserved so far for this group,....is that correct??

We'll have 3 boats then?? Mine,...my buddy Dick's Triton and Greg's?? Also,...Mini told me we should time the spawn perfectly!!! He says the fish are just starting to fan beds up there,..the water's still cold and they're seeing a LOT of toad smallies cruising and getting active. The full moon is next SATURDAY,..and we're going to be up there at the most PERFECT time of the year!!!!! TOADAPALOOZA Baby!!

Craig,..don't forget your camera....we'll get some kodak fish for sure!!!! Don't miss out on this guys,...you'll be sooorrryyyy!!!!!!!!.....Call and get a room,...today!!!

Mac

Mac,

What are you doing up at this late hour?!?!?!?

I'll probably be there and staying with Greg....I'm trying to weasel my way out of a couple of Open Houses...don't even hardly know the kids....I'll keep you posted.

Mac

As far as I know...late yesterday...Corey was coming up and bringing our friend Justin Dunkel...

Man, I wish I could go. It kills me everytime I see this post. Two too many conflicts, first saving cash for a new kicker, second, I would have to scrap my plans for my first annual 4 day Western PA great muskie round up.

Rich D

Hey Mac, what do I need to bring? Food, drinks, gear? How many rods and what should I rig 'em with?

Craig

I'll be there with my freind Jeff and my boat.

Gene

Okay,...just make sure you call and get your rooms before he gives them to someone else for $70-75/nite!"....LOL!!...

Craig,...bring whatever you want as far as tackle...it's gin clear and has every kind of structure,...but I'll be fishing primarily with spinning gear (Med-Med/Hvy) throwing Jerk baits, and soft plastics, and I'll have a couple baitcasters rigged with a spinnerbait and a topwater. Travel light...I have a lot of tackle!!..LOL We'll figure out the food situation after we get up there, friday night.

Seeya at the SC next friday @3pm.....we'll have a blast.

Mac

STILL bummin here!

Was going to let the Father-in-law take the NASCAR tickets, but he wants me to go with...

Sorry dudes...

Hope you really slam 'em!!!

az

Latest posts

Back