Jumping Battery

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RKB17V

Reaction score
I ran my cranking battery down and needed to jump off my trolling motor batteries. The trolling motor is 24 volt. I was not sure how to jump off these batteries . My question is how do you jump a 12 volt battery off a 24 volt system without disconnecting a bunch of cables?

I would imagine that all you would need to do is just attach the jumpers to one battery, no need to disconnect any thing. Just make sure POS to POS, NEG to NEG

Hook your jumpers to the battery that has the negative lead from your TM and if your TM has a built in transducer unhook the TM.

Hook your jumpers to the battery that has the negative lead from your TM and if your TM has a built in transducer unhook the TM.
Thanks for the info. I do have a built in transducer. How would jumping off that battery effect the transducer?

because its built into the circuitry of your trolling motor and with it connected, you might run the risk of causing problems that normally wouldn't occur.

Latest posts

Back