Johhny Morris Signature rods

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim C

Reaction score
I know they're new, but has anyone have a chance to use the Johnny Morris signature rods yet? What you think? Looking for a super-sensitive rod for jigging and the Bionic Blades aren't available in casting rods. If the rods are anything like the reels, they should be good. Opinions?

New??? I've been using them for 3 years if they are the rods you get with the JLM Elite combo's. I have also been using the Signature JLM reel combo's if that is the rod. The Elites have the recoil guides. GREAT feature, no more bent/busted guides. I have yet to try out the new NITRO rods but they feel very light and the NITRO reels are set up with a heavier drag system for braid. Worth a look-see.

TOXIC

Bionic Blades not available in spinning?

The JM Elite COMBO does not come with the Signature rod, it comes with the Elite rod. The elite rods seems great so far. They have more length options and handles. The only possible drawback is that you cant use the screw in weight systems with the new Elite Rods if you choose too.

I don't know why I typed Bionic blade, I meant the HM-85 walleye rod. LOL Bionic Blade is in the mix of candidates, so I must have had it on my mind.

And by "new", I meant new version. Redesigned for this year.

I use Loctite and that cures that problem. It always amazes me how those things unscrew themselves and hit the floor before ever being noticed.

I have two Johnny Morris Signature Rods. Both are 6'6" Med.Hvy. and are as sensitive as any rods I have. I bought them both as combos but really didn't like the reels because of their cosmetic issues. Stupid I know because the reels worked flawlessly, but it really bothered me so I got rid of the reels and kept the rods.

I love the rods and if I'm correct, Toxic was there when I got my first one. He was working and I probably hindered his job by talking to him all day.:rolleyes: The JM Rods & Reels were ridiculously expensive but I just happened to be there on a sale day and the price was so low the salesman couldn't believe it but let it go. I went to the checkout and didn't have any military identification but did have a "served in Viet Nam" hat that had the 101st. Airborne Screamin' Eagle on it and said Combat Wounded, Purple Heart. At the checkout counter they took an extra 15% off because of that so I got the combo Johnny Morris Reel and rod for, it seemed to me anyway, next to nothing! If I remember right, Toxic was there that day and was dismayed and also amazed at how little I paid for that Combo. It was one of the best, if not the best, deals I have run across ever and Toxic said when I was ready to get rid of it just let him know..

Uncle Billy

Latest posts

Back