Jimmy from Columbia SC

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmy Counts

Reaction score
Greetings!

I own a 2008 Nitro Z9 with two Lowrance HDS 10s and a Lowrance Hook 7 Reveal, two 12 ft Minkota Talons , a Mototguide Trolling Motor and a 225 hp Merc Optimax. I routinely fish local bass tournaments and tried the FLW Tour as a co-angler on year and quickly realized why they were having such a hard time getting co-anglers...very very disappointing experience.

You having any electrical problems with your Z9? I have same year and constantly having issues with pumps not working

Greetings!

I own a 2008 Nitro Z9 with two Lowrance HDS 10s and a Lowrance Hook 7 Reveal, two 12 ft Minkota Talons , a Mototguide Trolling Motor and a 225 hp Merc Optimax. I routinely fish local bass tournaments and tried the FLW Tour as a co-angler on year and quickly realized why they were having such a hard time getting co-anglers...very very disappointing experience.
Can you elaborate on your FLW Tour co-angler experience ?

It was a culmination of things that didn't set well with me. Let me put it this way, the rules meeting the night before the tournament was a joke. I saw everything from hole sitting to boaters getting call with real time help on the water and lastly...back boating the co-angler. On Hartwell my boater pulls up on a flat and TOLD me not to pitch at any of the three beds we were around that those were his fish. I could go on but you get the point.

You having any electrical problems with your Z9? I have same year and constantly having issues with pumps not working
I bought the boat brand new a had nothing but electrical issues for several years. Finally took the boat to a shop and had it completely rewired. Also upgraded fuses...the 20s were to small and I'm now using 50s and that helped keep from having to reset the breakers when running the TR on high. The boat is really heavy and now I'm considering running lithium ion batteries to lighten her up and improve the hole shot.

Latest posts

Back