Jerk Bait Rod

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XMYTRUCK XMYTRUCK

Reaction score
Hello

I was wondering what you guys think is a great jerk bait rod? What size, lure weight and action. One of my favorites was a diawa apllo 6 foot Med-hvy with a fast action and a pistol grip. I find myself leaning towards t a shorter rod for this type of fishing, and was wondering what you guys use for this style?

rods I am looking at are the St Croix avid:

AC62MXF 6' 2" M X-Fast 1 8 - 14 3/16 - 5/8 or

AC68MXF 6' 8" M X-Fast 1 8 - 14 3/16 - 5/8 or

60MF 6' fast 3/16-3/4

X

Im kinda short (well comapred to the others that I fish with anyway) and at 5'6" am most comfortable with a 6' rod and that way I am also not smacking the water when I do my jerk baits...

I use a BPS JM signature series 6' MH action, works great for me!!!! Great piece of gear......

I just got a new one. I replaced an old favorite for jerkbaits that I broke a guide on, an All Star Zell Rowland TWS, with a new Daiwa TD-S 6'3" MH...the green handle (looks killer with the green Curado). I haven't had a chance to really test it but I did catch a dink bass and a Bluegill so at least the stink is off.

Dicks had two left a Medium power 6'6 , fast action 1/4 to 3/4 and a Med-Hvy 6'6 3/8 to 1oz, which power do you guys think would be better for jerk bait fishing?

X

Latest posts

Back