JDJ, is no longer with us

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gilbert Scales2

Reaction score
I spoke to his wife this morning for some time, what a great person. JDJ , went to be with the Lord, on Saturday evening. His wife is Born again, like myself, and I know she is a strong person. I told her it is written, "to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord". She and I had a great conversion, strong person. I told her we would be praying for her. JDJ, will have a small memorial service this Saturday but did not want Flowers, instead he wished for donations, for a building fund for his church. Strange how someone I never meet, has such a powerful grip on me. I tried my best to fight my emotions, when I spoke to his wife, but I didn't do a good job. I said enough.

Donations can be sent to:

New Vision Baptist Church

1750 Thompson Lane

Murfesboro, Tenn. 37129

I believe I have it right. Just to be sure phone the church at 605-895-2167 if you want to send anything, I for one will do so.

Bubby

Thanx bubby, this is a sad day here on the NTOWS. Prayers to the family...:(

Thoughts and prayers to JD's family. I never meet him but he was an inspiration to me. Our loss is the Lord's gain.

Jeff

I never met him, but always enjoyed his comments. He was always concerned about everyone else. Thoughts and prayers to JD'S family, he will be missed here.

TOM901:(

Prayers are sent for JDJ and his family. He was a GREAT guy and sure had the right attitude!!

May God Bless him and his family!!:(

Mac

I'm at a loss of words:(

I'll surely miss JDJ as I am all choked up and can't speak at the moment.

May he rest in peace.

Catch a BIG ONE for us bud!

Very sorry to hear of JDJ's passing. He will be remembered.

If anyone remains in touch with the family and can get a photo and birthday, I would like to add him to the memorial section of the site.

Bubby - Thank you again for keeping JDJ's world wide family up to date. Our thoughts are with his family during this trying time, and we will remember him for the things he did and the kind of person he was, generous and friendly!

Thanks Bubby for making the calls. Prayers from my family to his.

Donnie

JD; you will be missed. Prayers to your family in this time of sadness.

Bubby, thank you for making the calls and for the updates.

JDJ will truly be missed. :(

Thanks for posting the information on his Church. I will be sending a donation in his honor as well.

Rich.

There is a picture in JDJ's library that might be perfect. Its him on his new motorcycle he bought over the summer. He really looks happy in that photo.

Today is indeed a sad day for the N.T.O.W.S. and it's really hard to say anything. He will be missed for sure. For a long time there was just a few of us on the Good Mornin' thread at some ungodly early hours and JDJ was one of them. That's when I really first heard of him. I didn't know he was sick at the time because he didn't say. But he always had kind words and a prayer for me while I was trying to get better. It was only later that I heard he was seriously ill. I never met JDJ and that's my loss because I know now that he was my friend.:(

Bubby, thanks for everything you've done good buddy.

Jim B. I think that's a great idea for a picture. It fits him to a tee.:)

Uncle Billy

Bubby,

Thanks... I am saddened that he has left us... But, I know he went strong in his faith and surrounded by the love of his family. He is far better off than we are... I pray for his famly to find the strength to move past the sorrow.

I agree, Rich, you ought to use his photo with his bike...

This is truly a sad day and I wish the best for his family. For him, I know he is in a better place. Ride JDJ, ride.

My condolences to JDJ and his family.

Cass

Sorry to hear that.

BTW- the city= Murfreesboro, TN

Bubby, thanks again for letting us know. JD was an inspiration to a lot of us here, and as been said by many, will be greatly missed. But I'm being selfish.:( I now how strong JD's faith was and where he is right now.

I hope all your roads are smooth, and your waters calm.

Peace be with you brother JD, until we meet again.

BruceM

Toxic and I just got off the water and I am saddened to hear of JDJs passing. He is with his Lord and my thoughts and prayers go out to his family. What an inspiration for all of us. He's on motorcycle in the sky doing vrooom vrooom vrooom letting us know that he is NOW ok.

GOD speed brother. JDJ, you will be missed. I really feel that I am a better person for knowing him. I told him so in the card that I sent. Such an inspiration to us all, there were plenty of times that he was more concerned for us than his illness.

Sad day,

Steve

PS, Murfreesboro's area code is 615. Special thanks to Bubby and Greg Meyer for making the phone calls and keeping us up to date on his condition.

Yeah, but will he share the good waypoints when one of "us" shows up.... Bet not... he was a cool guy!!!!

How sad...what an inspiration he was/is. I never met the man, but his kind words and wonderful attitude inspired me through my own health crisis. I wish him well on his journey..and may God Bless him...

Smitty

So sorry to hear the news about JDJ, but grateful that his pain has ended. Sending prayers to his family and friends.

Sue

What more can be said.....Rest in Peace JDJ...you touched my life as well.

Knew it was coming but still so hard to hear. JDJ touched many of our lives. Glad he is in no more pain. Rest in peace bud.

Sorry to hear about JD. He was an insiration and is now recieving his reward.:cool:

God bless his family and friends.

Tom:cool:

I really appreciated JDJ's insight and I will miss it. May he rest in peace

God Bless his family and friends. RIP JDJ

Mini

Very sorry to see this. Best wishes to his family and friends.