jackplate

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Scherer

Reaction score
Question for Rick Stern!!! A month or two ago you wrote about a jackplate you installed on your 700 LX. Did It help your performance any, especially the hole shot. Also has anyone tried a trophy plus prop on this boat with a115 Mercury? Is this motor big enough to turn a Trophy? Thanks for any help.

Bill, unfortunately, my boating and fishing time has gone done dramatically in the last month or so due to work requirements, and I have not had a chance to get back to the jack plate project. The 700 handling is improved with the plate, but my WOT performance has been the same. I think I still have more room to go on raising the motor, but without a water pressure gauge, I don't want to go any higher. That's my next step.

I'll get back to this at some point, but can't promise when. At the moment, I'm desperate to find time to just go fishing!!!

the age old problem....work or fish work or fish work or fish....

My favorite shirt to wear working from home is "Work is for people who don't FISH!"

Now, if I could just get this catching thing down a little more consistently, I could Fish as my Work, that would be COOL! I can just see it now...."and the new BASS Classic winner is.... Michael Trepper with a 3 day limit catch of 148lbs!!!" the crowd goes wild, the girls rush the stage, Tiger Woods calls me and asks me to take him fishing (since he's not doing so great last time I checked at the PGA T here in Georgia)...

TrepMan

TrepMan, that would be a first...a Classic winner whose catch weighed more on the scale than the angler who caught 'em. :)

Latest posts

Back