jackplate wedge

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob daniels

Reaction score
I read the question on the jackplate and you guys talked about a wedge . whats it for ? im getting ready to put one on my 896 with a 150 on it. thanks

P.S if mini reads this my daughter says thanks for the pictire you took with her at the fish with the pros up here in torch river. but she still thinks your a MINI MINNOW

HA HA HA .

A wedge puts more negative trim on the motor. It is installed between the jack plate and transom or between the jack plate and the motor. They usually come in 2 or 4 degree increments. While a certain amount of wedge or negative trim will improve hole shot, adding too much will limit the "up" trim available.

Russ C.

Does that explain why my motor only trims so far up on plane and stops? Or is it due to Trim Tabs wich I've heard of but I dont know what they are. I've got a 99 NX882 with the factory jackplate but I would like to be able to trim it up a little more. I would also appreciate any info.

Thanks, Mark

Land and Sea makes trim extenders basically they're 1" spacers, that replace your existing ram contacts on the engine, will give you a little more positive trim, the wedges will work if installed upside down... however... you may be better off just going with some trim extenders

my pleasure bob...post a copy of it here if you have a chance, would love to see it!

Mini

the land&sea trim extenders are the way to go to gain

some positive trim,as long as you can give up some

negative. takes about five minutes to install & cost

around fifty bucks. work great on my 150 johnson.

land&sea p.o. box 96,north salem NH 03073

(603)329-5645

just joined the site. looks pretty cooool!

see ya, Bill Smith (aka)Willy Strike

http://

Mini's a BIG dude!! If he's a "mini minnow",...I'd like to hook the toad that spawned him!!!..LOL

Latest posts

Back