jackplate question

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BRAD BROWN2

Reaction score
i am looking at replacing my standard jackplate off of my 882 150merc with an adjustable plate my question what are the pros and cons and is there any specific brand that i should be looking at.

try a detwiler.....the hydraulic is the fastest on the market

Mini

I agree with mini. The Detwiler is the best on the market right now. Full travel (top to bottom to top again) in less than 10 seconds at full throttle. I can get you a 6" setback, 6" vertical lift for around $750.00. E-mail me with your address and I can send you a brochure.

Just looked up the price and Detwiler just raised to prices, so the 6" goes for around $825.00 now. Sorry.

I have a CMC with guage and power dial on my 882. Was real good for running some of the low water here in FL in the spring. After a lot of testing and finding the best performance settings, it turned out that the best setting measured exactly what I started with using the factory plate. Mine is like new, and I'll sell it for $500. BPS sells it for $790.

Russ C.

Forgot to add. I also have a 2 degree wedge, a 4 degree wedge, and additional 2" setback. A $250 value and I'll throw it all in with the plate.

Brad, the factory 882 plate has a 5 degree wedge which the 882 needs for the hole shot. If you buy any plate make sure you add some wedge.

Russ C.

Russ C.

Latest posts

Back