I've got a question?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joshua Davis

Reaction score
How do you go about getting a sponsorship from Nitro? And what are thier requirments? Thanks for all the help. I was just wondering.

Go to your local dealership or Outdoor World Store and talk to the boat manager. Every dealer is allowed to sponsor a "State Team" member(s) and it's based on your ability to sell his product and represent their business. There's a lot more involved than just getting a boat deal,..there's work involved and the more a person is willing to do,.....the better the rewards will be. Put together a good resume, highlighting your goals, your PR and sales skills, and your experiences,....with LESS emphasis on your fishing skills,.....the BEST fisherman in the world doesn't necessarily make a good spokesperson if he/she doesn't like talking to people. Really make it a point to sell yourself and your ability to help their whole business,...you'll have much more success that way. Good luck and feel free to email me for more specifics if you'd like,......have a great holiday!!
Mac

That's true,...but it's also fact that it's relatively easy to get a sponsorship,....but it's much harder to keep them!!
A lot of businesses are willing to give a person a break,...but your consistant performance from year to year will be what keeps you there....and the one thing that cost people a deal more oftne than not,...is their lack of communication with the company....write and send in those quarterly reports.....it's the only soapbox you have that will keep your name in their faces. They need to know what you're doing for them at shows, at tournaments and in the public eye....it doesn't have to be lengthy,...a page is plenty...just something to keep them informed!
And one final thought,...don't expect a bunch of "FREE" stuff your first time up to bat,.....you must pay your dues and put in the time before the real perks start! Too many guys get too greedy too fast,...and it ends up costing them! Just be a good spokesman, do your job better than the next person, and you'll always be a valuable asset to any sponsor. Tight lines.
Mac

Latest posts

Back