It's Merry Christmas - Darn It!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Hamilton

Reaction score
*Twas the month before Christmas*

*When all through our land,*

*Not a Christian was praying*

*Nor taking a stand.*

*See the PC Police had taken away,*

*The reason for Christmas - no one could say.*

*The children were told by their schools not to sing,*

*About Shepherds and Wise Men and Angels and things.*

*It might hurt people's feelings, the teachers would say*

*December 25th is just a "Holiday".*

*Yet the shoppers were ready with cash, checks and credit*

*Pushing folks down to the floor just to get it!*

*CDs from Madonna, an X BOX, an I-pod*

*Something was changing, something quite odd! *

*Retailers promoted Ramadan and Kwanzaa*

*In hopes to sell books by Franken & Fonda.*

*As Targets were hanging their trees upside down*

*At Lowe's the word Christmas - was no where to be found.*

*At K-Mart and Staples and Penny's and Sears*

*You won't hear the word Christmas; it won't touch your ears.*

*Inclusive, sensitive, Di-ver-si-ty*

*Are words that were used to intimidate me.*

*Now Daschle, Now Darden, Now Sharpton, Wolf Blitzen*

*On Boxer, on Rather, on Kerry, on Clinton!*

*At the top of the Senate, there arose such a clatter*

*To eliminate Jesus, in all public matter.*

*And we spoke not a word, as they took away our faith*

*Forbidden to speak of salvation and grace*

*The true Gift of Christmas was exchanged and discarded*

*The reason for the season, stopped before it started.*

*So as you celebrate "Winter Break" under your "Dream Tree"*

*Sipping your Starbucks, listen to me.*

*Choose your words carefully, choose what you say*

*Shout MERRY CHRISTMAS,not Happy Holiday!*

Merry Christmas to one and all!

And on the 4th night of Hannukah, brought to you by Adam Sandler...

this is a song, that uh, theres alot of xmas songs out there, but not

Too many about hanukkah, so I wrote a song for all those nice little jewish

Kids who dont get to hear any hanukkah songs--here we go...

Put on your yalmulka, here comes hanukkah

Its so much fun-akkah to celebrate hanukkah,

Hanukkah is the festival of lights,

Instead of one day of presents, we have eight crazy nights.

When you feel like the only kid in town without a x-mas tree, heres a list of

People who are jewish, just like you and me:

David lee roth lights the menorrah,

So do james caan, kirk douglas, and the late dinah shore-ah

Guess who eats together at the karnickey deli,

Bowzer from sha-na-na, and arthur fonzerrelli.

Paul newmans half jewish; goldie hawns half too,

Put them together--what a fine lookin jew!

You dont need deck the halls or jingle bell rock

Cause you can spin the dreidl with captain kirk and mr. spock--both jewish!

Put on your yalmulka, its time for hanukkah,

The owner of the seattle super sonic-ahs celebrates hanukkah.

O.j. simpson-- not a jew!

But guess who is...hall of famerrod carew--(he converted!)

We got ann landers and her sister dear abby,

Harrison fords a quarter jewish--not too shabby!

Some people think that ebeneezer scrooge is,

Well, hes not, but guess who is:all three stooges.

So many jews are in show biz--

Tom cruise isnt, but I heard his agent is.

Tell your friend veronica, its time you celebrate hanukkah

I hope I get a harmonica, on this lovely, lovely hanukkah.

So drink your gin-and-tonic-ah, and smoke your mara-juanic-ah,

If you really, really wanna-kah, have a happy, happy, happy, happy

Hanukkah. happy hanukka!

If you can't say Merry Christmas or Happy Hannukah or have a good Kwanzaa or have a good Easter or enjoy the Chiefs game without someone getting all bristled up then maybe they need to go through the 60's like the rest of us did.

Live and let live, to each their own and my favorite "Burn your Bra"! People just need to relax.

Having seen the holiday displays go up even earlier this year than last, my family has started to greet people with...

Happy HallowThanksMas! (BTW - The Happy is to represent Hannukah, not Halloween). Try it, you'll like it!

Bill I think that song says it all !

Yesterday my 12 and 8 year old came home and told me that they had to sat Happy christmas not merry??? Why?

They told me all about Khanza and Hunnukah because they where learning about it in school. When I asked what did they learn about Christmas they just said their not aloud to talk about it because not everyone believed in it !

Is this how a tolerant society works.

I told them the samething I told my older boys. Stand up for what you believe in no matter who is telling you to be quite,and I will always back you up.

I was a radical S.O.B in the sixties.

Kinda like noodle'n sometimes you just gotta get in the mud and grab that pig by the mouth and pull them right out of their hole ! :lol:

MG - I have NO issue with Kwanzaa and the other "religions" holidays but it is a sad state of affairs when you can't even discuss Merry Christmas. Just to set the record straight, Kwanzaa was "invented" in 1966 as an alternative for African Americans to celebrate instead of the more "traditional" holiday(s) of the season. Interesting that you can talk about Kwanzaa but not Christmas.

Bill,

Was it that long ago? 1966? The first time I ever heard about Kwanzaa, I was already living in VA. I was working part time at Rite-Aid pharmacy, and we had Kwanzaa wrapping paper to put up on the shelves in late November / early December. I had to ask what it was, because I had never heard of it. I believe that was somewhere around 1994/1995 timeframe, because it was just about the time I met my wife.

All the best,

Glenn

Kwanzaa is a river in Angola. Other than that it's a seven day long celebration from Dec. 26 to Jan. 1., honoring African-American heritage. It's observed almost exclusively in the U.S. It was INVENTED by Ron Karenga who was a political activist.

After a Google search I found this.. Karenga calls Kwanzaa the African American branch of "first fruits" celebrations of classical African cultures.

Kwanza consists of activities such as candle-lighting and the pouring of libations, and culminating in a feast and gift-giving. It was first celebrated from December 26, 1966, to January 1, 1967.

Uncle Billy

Uncle Billy - Thanks for responding! It was exactly what I would have written so I hope that clears up the question.

Thnk maybe I will invent a holiday for Bass Fishermen around the same time of the year and then we celebrate that too! LOL

Uncle Billy - Thanks for responding! It was exactly what I would have written so I hope that clears up the question.

Thnk maybe I will invent a holiday for Bass Fishermen around the same time of the year and then we celebrate that too! LOL

Trep and to all of my other Jewish Friends and acquaintances here... Happy Hannukah... To those who choose to celebrate Kwanza... I join you in celebrating the cultural roots and traditions and wish you all the best in 2008. To those who have no religious of cultural affiliation to this holday season but wish to enjoy friendship and family... I say Happy Holidays to you... Those are my true intentions and I mean no harm or slight when I say from my heart to you "Merry Christmas", because in my culture and traditions, Christmas has so much of the same as yours, my sharing of that sentiment, by me is best described and articulated by my heartfelt statement, that says I, too, hope that you have a "Merry Christmas".

Why have we become so sensitive that we have become insensitive to others?

Mark, I'm in your corner...

Very interesting being here in China, last Wednesday (first full day of Hannukah) our driver gave us a "christmas present" which contained a number of chinese good luck symbols. And this afternoon our ayi (maid) gave us 2 stuffed snowmen - Santa and Mrs. Claus. The Chinese realy don't understand different religions (they are not 'educated' on them, so it truly is a statement of ignorance). And we had NO issues or reason to say anything then Shei Shei (Thank you in Chinese), as it was obviously their intention to honor us with a present during our holiday. I do have a great picture of our Ayi cooking Patato Latkes (Hannukah patato pancakes).

So i'm with Mark, Greg and the rest of ya - Merry Christmas!

Trep

I knew there was something I liked about you Trepper!:D For a long time I thought it was just because I liked your boys but no, it's you too...:eek:

Have a Happy Hannukah and Merry Christmas my friends..

Darn, my Mom used to make potatoe pancakes and I absolutely loved them..

Uncle Billy

Latest posts

Back