Items You Carry In The Boat

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cq

Reaction score
I still carry a box of round toothpicks in the boat. What other old school items do you carry?

emergency rations for one day, poncho for warmth and sun protection, gun, plenty of french whore perfume to ward off the bugs and most important of all, toilet paper LOL

I carry all the emergency gear, weather gear and weather electronics, the tooth picks, at times are used to peg my soft baits. Good old tooth pick through the soft bait into the eye of the hook and nail clippers to clip the ends. Round is the only ones that I have found that work well.
As far as food there are a couple of lake side eating establishments. (New School).

Some band aids, stale granola bars, duct tape and WD40. If you can't build whatever you need outta that, you shouldn't be around machines with moving parts.

I carry a firearm... ya know, just in case the fish or gators try to jack me. :)

Reactions: cq
Back in my High School days, I kept a wooden jon boat submerged and chained to the river (kept the wood swollen to prevent major leaks. A Coffee can was a must. One night my cousin wanted to go crappie fishing with me, no problem, off we went. Kerosene lantern on the front, bugs would hit the globe and fall into the river, kept a cane pole the small end about the size of broom handle. When snakes would climb up a curl around the lantern for warmth, take the pole and flip it back to the river. If anybody knows the old wood boats had wood slats to keep your feet out of the water, the reason for the coffee can. My cousin wanted to flip a snake, told him to make sure you have the center part of the snake and then flip. Did he listen? NO! Flipped the snake is in the boat. Now standing on the seats, loud noise and flash as my cousin, unknown to me had a gun. Fired 5 shots into the bottom of the boat. During all the commotion the lantern started floating down the river. Great no light, snake is mad, cannot not hear and having a hard time seeing. Made it back to the bank, jumped onto the bank, cousin screamed pull the boat onto the bank. "You ******* you are on your own." No more guns in the boat and no more taking cousin fishing.

Rich.... Have you got a copy of Ken's list? Years ago we did this one and Ken had a complete list, if there ever could be a complete list? Damn that guy was funny....

Besides fishing gear and the required safety items, tools ( enough to do most repairs), first aid kit, bug stuff, sunscreen, matches, flashlight, binoculars, extra oil, extra prop, "pee" bucket, bumpers, 2 anchors (about now I wonder why it doesn't sink on its own), 200' extra anchor rope, dock rope, brush clamp, extra emergency rivets and tool, sea anchor, emergency blanket, emergency ponchos, small pad of paper, pen and pencil, small sponge, no-scent hand soap, bell wire 20', a few wire connectors, spare set of spark plugs, spotlight, spare batteries for minnow bucket, folding dip net, tournament cull gear, scale, 2 extra plugs, hidden spare ignition key, duct tape, golden rule, handheld gps w/spare batteries, marine radio, rod tip repair kit, Tums, Ram Rod holders, and (drum roll) emergency cell phone charger/battery!

I thought a pee bucket was a emergency bailer. You know a half gallon milk jug with a section cut out, but leaving the handle intact.

Not any more and ...my boat has very high sides... use a wiffle ball bat with the ends cut off.

Did you cut off both ends? We had to use the bailer on Lake Erie, it was illegal to discharge waste into the lake. O! I just reread your post, how did you get rid of the sharp edges. I could see going to the Emergency room trying to explain cuts, While Out with My Buddies.

Did you cut off both ends? We had to use the bailer on Lake Erie, it was illegal to discharge waste into the lake. O! I just reread your post, how did you get rid of the sharp edges. I could see going to the Emergency room trying to explain cuts, While Out with My Buddies.

Ouch!!!!

Most important thing I carry is several sets of glasses. Went out once and forgot them, now I have 4 or 5 on the boat. o_O

Latest posts

Back