Issues With New 2019 Nitro Z21

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick Lunsford

Reaction score
Have owned the boat since latter part of April 19. Came with the Mercury 300 4 stroke. Since this time it has been in the shop 3 times, 1st for engine update (that should have been completed at the selling marina), 2nd for 2 recalls on the engine and 3rd for numerous issues in and outside the boat. It has been sitting at an authorized Nitro dealership and still is since 5 August 19. Main issue is when running and stepping down from the deck to the floor it makes a crack and popping noise. It also porpoises 15 - 40 mph consistent unless you stay in it. Took 4 weeks to get approval from the factory to send it back to them. After their and my authorization it is waiting 2 weeks for a travel cover and trailer to pickup and transport to the factory for evaluation. These are not the only (But Main) issues, the following are what I have identified:
1. White mark across the back bottom of the hull as if someone had marked it with a permanent marker, very hard to take off.
2. Gel coat on cap has numerous blemishes. Some are ruff to the fell.
3. When trying to open the glovebox had to use a screwdriver to pry it open. The door is warped and anything in it gets soaked.
4. The trim and jack plate turn signal switches are backwards from any boat I have owned. Trim switch is on the left side of the steering wheel and jack plate on the right.
5. When filling the boat up fuel gage reads 1/2. Running all day it will show 1/4 tank but when I fill up again it takes 40 to 45 gallons (Almost Empty!!!).
6. Oxygenators have not operated since the first time on the water. I replaced the 2 switches my cost and myself hoping this was the issue (NOT).
7. Trailer hitch lock is broken but will still lock (Kinda). Use pin at all times.
8. Front roller on trailer for boat nose has caused scratches and almost gouges in the gel coat. Roller is to hard and abrasive.
9. Corners of the carpet on the between seats storage wasn't glued down. I glued them down.
10. Large dry storage tray in the ice chest will not secure so it bounces around inside.
Maybe a more extensive walk around before purchasing would have saved me a lot of grieving but when a new item as this comes of the show room floor I believe most all of us have little or no worries.
As I have been writing this I received a call from White River Marine Group's customer service saying that a few other processes are and will be required before a contracted transport can be sent to move MY boat to the plant for evaluation. They also informed me that the boat most likely would be at the plant 6 or more weeks. Looks like 2019 fall fishing is totally out not to mention what I have already missed.
I truly hope that Mr. Johnny Morris reads or is informed of my issues and quality of this boat. I pray he does because I can't make any of this process move any faster.
If anyone can assist I would appreciate all.

Damn...!
I would send a letter to Johnny Morris. Maybe just copy and paste this into Word and send off. I'm betting someone there will read it and could bring it to his attention. Suggest you include your phone number.
Let us know.
Vic

Thanks guy's and thanks Vic, I will use the info you provided. It's very disappointing knowing I'm going to miss out on the fall transition and the tournaments I have and going to miss
I will keep this posting updated.

Larry, the day I caught this 9.15 was the best day on the lake I've every had. Our best 5 went better than 38 lbs. We were culling 5 and 6 lb fish. We counted culling 7 in that weight class. Falcon lake 2013.

Referring back to my boat issues, just got word 30 minutes ago it was heading to the plant in Springfield, MO this afternoon. Just hope its not another 6 + weeks for its return.

Yes, I hope it all works out to your benefit somehow.

5 fish at that weight is a rare treat for sure. I witnessed a a couple of guys, few years ago, in a small club tournament. They weighed in just under 40 pounds and caught all of them within 15 minutes. At one point they had an 11 and a 10 in a double on deck. I knew at the time that I would never witness such a sight again. This happened at Grand Bayou Lake just outsite Coushatta, La. on a cool and windy day in March. I won't ever forget it for sure....

That is very impressive. That's why we keep trying for sure. What's funny now is 3 days later they said their scales were weighing 4 oz lite. I haven't mounted a fish in many years but said if and when I hit that double digit mark I would. Guess I have to keep trying

I plan to Vic, spent most of Friday trying to locate an email other than Customer Service, some office or someone with more clout. No luck.

Well a small update, I was informed 1 Oct 19 by WRMG, Customer Service they had received the boat 24 Sep 19. I was informed it would go into the plant possibly mid week of 7-11 Oct 19. As of yesterday evening I told they were going to take it on a lake test 14 Oct 19 but apparently didn't happen. Then again for a lake test 15 Oct 19, again apparently didn't happen. No feedback or report from the plant (Zero). Maybe today???? As of yesterday evening I have been without this boat 71 days and still know any evaluation.

Another disappointment, with very slow progress on this issue I composed letters to Mr. Johnny Morris, CEO, Bass Pro Shop, Mr. Michael McDermitt, President of Bass Pro Shop and Mr. Zach Kauk, President of White River Marine Group explaining my situation, boat issues and service dilemma. Two weeks or so after sending the letters to the mentioned leadership I receive a call from customer service saying they received my letter saying they already had the list of issues with the boat. I mentioned to the customer service representative that these letters were not sent to customer service but to the mentioned leadership. She said these type letters are passed to customer service for actions. The wife got fired up and she composed letters to the same leadership mentioned above at Bass Pro Shop. Not even 2 weeks later I receive another call from, guess who, customer service. She had the same response that these letters are passed to customer service for action. She then stated "We already have the issues with your boat, what elese do you want us to do?". The wife's letter mentioned little or no issues of the boat, her letter was directed to the no or slow service provided and also owning a new Nitro Z21 with it in the shop and plant for repairs as much time of use. Maybe the leadership didn't have the opportunity to read our letters of concern, maybe the mail distribution personnel are directed to forward to customer service but I would think customer service would provide feedback to the leadership chain and we would have received some type of information (Call, email or text) expressing their opinions or support, NOPE, just customer service that can not provide any information on the boats status.
Long story/information but I think anyone who owns or is considering purchasing a Bass Pro Shop boat should know what service you may receive, wished I would have known, you wouldn't be reading any of my post!!!

Terrible situation! I would hope top management would want to know about this and make it right. I have bought a few Tracker boats over the years and only had a problem with my current boat: The motor trim gauge wire was not attached, the rope cleats became loose and moved a little, and the transom saver rubber v split and chipped the paint on the motor slightly. Just a few minor issues that were resolved. I have had the boat since May 2019. Hope you get some good news soon! Chris

Sent from my BBE100-4 using Tapatalk

I would share this on FB and any Social Media outlets that you have. No excuse for such poor response. I dont know the detail about consumer protecton laws but there is legal recourse to consider. Considering the investment you have in this, maybe it's time to consult with an attorney about this situation?

Thanks Larry, truly hope someone in upper management catches wind of all the ongoing problems and communication gaps. Disappointed is turning into upset, putting it mildly.

I most whole heartily agree with Larry. Very disappointed in the lack of professional response.

I'll have to admit that over the years, I have become so jaded, from various experiences, with any vehicle and or boat service departments, that I don't even consider the possiblily of getting good service when I buy. I always expect the the worst and figure that I'll get less than that. The last new truck I purchased, I offended the staff by declining a visit with the service department- I told them what I said here. Sad but true......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back