Is There Wood In 2005 Nitro Nx750 Transom

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Downeastbassin

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I just picked up a 2005 Nitro NX750 the boat has been great on the water and the transom seems to be very solid. I was wondering though if anyone knows if this year and model has wood in the transom or not?

Hi everyone! I just picked up a 2005 Nitro NX750 the boat has been great on the water and the transom seems to be very solid. I was wondering though if anyone knows if this year and model has wood in the transom or not?
From what I understand all the Nitro Bass Boats will have wood in their transoms. The wood is laminated inside the fiberglass. I sold my 2002 640lx last year and that transom was sold as the day I got the boat in 2002. Have it inspected if you are really concerned but you really should signs if its an issue. Look for any separation of the cap around transom and look inside where motor and tie down bolts come through the hull. There really shouldn't be any stains or deformation in that area.

Thank you for the response Bill! I have inspected the boat and the tie downs are solids as well as the motor. The boat has a 115 hp on the back and was used about four days a year from the gentleman I bought it from sense then I used it about six or seven times. I’ve had the boat in the water for two days sraight tops and there was not a drop of water on the in where the bilge pump is. I want to replace the transom cap molding which is plastic but I’m not sure if that requires me to remove the motor or not. Would you happen to know if the cap on the transom underneath the molding is sealed with fiberglass?

Latest posts

Back