Interior Paint Failure

• Thread starter Dan Burgan [URL]https://skydrive.live.com/redir?re
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan Burgan

Reaction score
I have some interior paint issues that nitro is claiming is not a product defect. Basically, the location in which I rest my arm to use the throttle is showing paint failure. I wash the interior with only water and soap, but Nitro is claiming the paint failure is the result of some solvent. The only solvent I think that could be is suntan loation. I guess Nitro doesn't expect people on a boat to wear suntan loation?

Has anyone else seen this type of issue?

Click link below to see paint issue
https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=6385EDD5AD0F392A!427&authkey=!AAs9i0RXmt5fK0U

IMO, it's doubtful that suntan lotion would blister paint like that; unless it blistered your skin as well. Perhaps you could scrape a sample and have it analyzed?

I'd say the surface was contaminated and not cleaned (prepped) properly prior to application. I'm not a painter, but I have stayed in a Holiday Inn Express.:D

You got to be #uc%ing kidding me!! I've never seen anything like this on a boat. On a car it's called paint delamination. Usually cause by some contaminant on the surface before painting. Could even be body oils from someone's hand. Keep after them and welcome to the wonderful world of Tracker quality.

fatrap

I agree with Mike. In a past life I was a Certified Painter (as well as Assembler and Welder) in a metal plant. We built parts for and rebuilt all types of railcars. If that appeared on a piece that came through my paint booth, I would be chewing the prep guys. It is pretty obvious that the piece in question was contaminated before it was painted. You can see that the paint failed from the inside out, blistered and lack of adhesion, not the outside in as if a solvent were applied externally. Tracker needs to fix this.

TOXIC

I paint quite often and you guys are right when it is contaminated the paint will lift but usually right away. Usually once the paint is laying flat it will stay that way or sometimes let go of the surface and peel. How long did you have the boat before this happened?

Latest posts

Back