Interesting TUNDRA /TRACKER Discussion Link

• Thread starter Scott S. [URL]http://www.walleyecentral.com/dcf/bo
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been following this also. Did you vote in the poll

on what boat your are running? It is on the same board.

While my momma told me to not say anything if you can't say anything nice, I can't pass up on this one...

This "magna19" goof seems to come out of the woodwork at every boating site known to man. How is it that one half-illiterate man can post the same stupid problem every day on a different website? He is his own worst enemy to his cause...

Anyway, interesting thread. While I've been rather down on Nitro/Tracker until lately, there's definitely something to be said for them in this discussion. You can't argue with the #'s!

Perhaps boat makers should offer a "DECAL DELETE" option. Seems like too many people judge a boat by whats written on the side....

What a hoot! When we were boys we lied about our anatomy and now as men we lie about our boats. Listen people nobody wins these arguments. Name any brand and I can find a guy who loves it, one who hates it, and one who thinks all other boats are junk. My advice...go fish.

OK....... Here I go again........

Adam, I hope you and everyone on the board realize that I think very highly of your opinions and comments....... But that really was an unfair attack on Magna19.......

Everyone should also know by now that I support Magna19 in his complaint issues. I also notice that he posts that he is out in his Tracker on Lake Erie in 2 to 8 foot waves regularly. He indicates that he has been well satisfied with the boat; his issues are with Tracker's Customer Service.

Had Tracker delt with Magna19 in the manner that I felt he was due, we would never have seen these posts. Indeed, they would have had a loyal Owner; one dedicated to supporting them.

Everyone makes mistakes. This one, I'm sorry to say, was made by Tracker. One of the ways in which I measure a person (or a company) is by their willingness to admit mistakes.........

Just my 2 cents.......

me

Hey Essox,

Yeah I have been watching those threads too. If it's not a Lund or Crestliner on that board, than you don't have a real man's boat. Give me a break! If it floats and gets you to where the fish are than brother, you have a great boat.

I am hoping to get out in mine this weekend. Haven't been able to for two and a half months. Ouch!

Mike

this is in response of all who think i am illiterate,goof or otherwise.

adam,my boat was fixed,or botched under warranty,and mike nichols extended the warranty 2 extra years,which meant it would still be under warranty,so they would fix it.wrong,mike screwed me,he did not write anything in the file on the boat,and low and behold,he quit,or got fired!and yes,i will continue to post on any site about trackers customer service,or lack there of.

rick,i talked to jenny corley,and 2 other reps,and i was understanding to them in that they hear it from many people every day,and i dealt with them as i deal with the customers i have to deal with every day,nice civil,and understanding.as for pulling the boat apart,i pulled the decks up to tighten the pedistal mounts,and found all the problems,after being a year from the factory.as for the magna series boat,it is renamed targa series,so the boat is still out there.as for my dealer,he gave up the tracker line,why,i wish i knew,well,maybe i do,but we wont go into it.my new dealer told me to deal with the factory directly,and i did.

i want a straight answer from all of you,if you took your car into a dealer for warranty work,and it came out worse than it went in,or with a big scratch,or dent in it,wouldnt you expect the dealer to fix it.right,well,what is diffrent here,NOT A THING!!the same principal applies here also.

i work on aluminum truck bodies,riveting and welding them,if i damaged a truck at work,i would NOT let it go before i fixed it.and my boss,who knows of the situation going on here,would never let a vehicle go out damaged if we do it,and we arent a very big company.tracker is a multi million dollar company,and they would let shoddy work go out the door.

scott,you know the truth here,and the answering machine message from nathan,and all the e-mails i got from tracker,enlighten some of the newbies on this ongoing problem!and yes i fish lake ontario in 2-8 ft waves at times,when a storm kicks up,you got to run to get in.

sorry rich,i said i wouldnt post here again,but a few people here need to know the truth,and my previous invitation holds true,anybody who wants to see it,the boat that is,is more than happy to see it,it sits in my yard,e-mail me and i will give you directions to the house,i will pull up the decks for all to see.

i was going to redo the boat this winter,but with the get together up on lake champlain next june,i will be there with bells and whistles on,with the boat in tow.

Scott.

We all Know what Magna19 went through and is still going through. But the only time I see him post any more is to bash Tracker. That is his prerogative, But It has gotten old.

He has turned into the guy that we used to get into it with on the BFHP. Remember "Whacked by Tracker"

I hope someday his issues with Tracker are resolved. But this is starting become a "Beating a Dead Horse" thing.

And buy the way, Wouldn't it be nice if when someone asks a question about a certain boat. That people who actually own that certain boat would respond. I am so tired of the My friend has one, or I know a guy who has one answer.

Respectfully

One of the duties of anyone involved in customer service is to put personality issues aside and to seek out the facts of the matter. Then, when the facts are known, to make a fair decision for all concerned.

Not everyone can write and communicate in an eloquent manner. Just as not everyone has the talent required to cut, bend and rivet sheets of aluminum into a smooth, structurally sound truck body.........

I have watched Jeff's ordeal for the last 2 years. I can assure you that, when this all began, he did his share - and much more - to maintain a friendly and workable relationship with Tracker. It wasn't until recently that he began to express real frustration. And it wasn't until AFTER Tracker told him that the final decision was that they were not going to honor commitments made by someone who was no longer with the company that Jeff began his posting campaign. By then, he had nothing to lose - "helping his own cause" was not an issue.

I have listened intently to Jeff........ I have absolutely no reason to doubt his honesty or fairness in his descriptions of the events.

I also feel that I may have contributed somewhat to the situation........... I have never been one of Tracker Corproate's most favorite people.......... I have several times sent faxes and even made calls to the officers of the company when I felt that there was a situation that needed attention. At the time that Jeff's situation was coming to a head, I made a comment in a totally unrelated post that was ment to say "Thanks" to a member of the staff at Tracker in a humorous manner that was not perceived that way; to this day, I am very sorry for that post. At the same time, I received a communication from a person in authority at Tracker regarding customer service issues; I passed that communication on in a post to all the members of this board. As a result, Jeff may have been the "whipping boy".............

Jeff, I would hope that your hurt and anger will soon subside; the impression you are giving everyone in the community is not one that I think is really befitting of you........

Everyone, please give the man a break. Every last one of us has been in a similar situation at one time or another. We've all been so irritated by a company or individual that we did all we could to let everyone know of our complaints. My overall feeling, even though I've never met him, is that Jeff is Good People.

Thanks!

me

JOHN,I REMEMBER WACKED,and do you remember the posts i left on the tracker subject?look back and remember what i wrote,did i defend tracker to the 3rd degree?

i am not bashing tracker,i am stating facts in evidence every time i use the boat!every trip out i see it,and do you think i like to see 1/4" washers on screws holding my deck down because the wood where the screws go through is rotted,or the drill gouges in the hull,or the leaking rivets,how about the live well with 4 big ughly holes in it from a drill bit,and im talking 1/2-3/4" holes,and it wont hold water?

my wife will not let me take my 10 yr old out fishing in the boat,why,because it still leaks where it was fixed.how would any of you fathers out here not being allowed to take your son/daughter fishing in your boat because it leaks?dont you think it hurts?well,it does,and at the present time i cannot afford to buy a diffrent boat,god knows i would in a heartbeat!but i would be stuck with the tracker,why,because anyone who looks at it wouldnt buy it the way it is.the only thing worth anything on it is the motors,peroid!

Got to remember not to hit enter after I type my password..<:eek:)

Jeff, Most of us know what you are going though. If I could do anything for you I would. What I was trying to say. Not very well I might add. Is that We never hear from you anymore except when you have had something negative to say about tracker. At least for the past few months. I hope you will still continue to post here whenever you have some helpful info or just want to say Hello.. Like Scott said. I feel you are "Good People" you just have had a very bad experiance with Tracker.

And yes, I do remember how you stood up for Trackers when Whacked was around, I think that is why I am so surprised when I see some of your posts.

Take care

John

PS. Email me anytime you feel like it. You are always welcome

Jeff -

I would like to second what John said.........

I don't know what the comment to Rich was about earlier - AND I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ABOUT IT. PLEASE!

You've got a lot of knowledge and experience that all of us could benefit from - and I would hope that we could be of benefit to you as well.........

I, for one, would like to see you back posting here - with one request.......

On this board, we all know what you went through and are on your side. The incident is over and done with. Tracker has made their decision and they aren't about to reconsider. John couldn't have said it better when it likened it to "beating a dead horse".

Come on back, Jeff. You're among friends here!

me

And, John......... Thanks!

i just looked back at a few dealer/service issues,and all who were behind me 110%,and now who is behind me,i dont know.i feel the only course of action is to fix it and keep track of the amount of money i spend on it and take them to court,its like if someone hits your car and damages it,its neiglegence to say the least.

i took it upon myself to go to the local dealer a month ago,and get an estimate on doing the work to it,new decks,paint ect,well,tracker hasnt gotten back to them either.

with what has been going on in the us lately,not being sure whats going to happen to the u.s.in the coming months,or years,i can be constructive with my posts here.as scott said before,the horse is dead,butim not,and the fish are not.

since 1991,ive owned trackers,from the tx-17 which had only 1 problem,the back deck lid poping the welds on the brace,to the 1993 magna19 boat,which until 1999 had a few minor problems,ive done so much to it and made it a fishing platform from which salmon in the 30+ lbs come in to the walleye in the 4+ range to the smallies in the 22"+ range,even the largemouth too.ive done quite a few modifications to the trailer for safety and convience that makes life enjoyable.where i work,i have access to a wide assortment of tools and supplies for which i can make whatever i need,and if we dont have it,they will get it for us.

ask me a question on mechanicals of the boat,trailer,i can probally 99% of the time answer it,or tell you where to get the answer to it.i like to help people as much as i can,im not a p**** by nature unless someone screws me.

i fish alone 90% of the time,it is so much enjoyable,no pressures,no hassles,no worries.i take a few people for salmon,smallies on lake ontario every year,didnt get out as much as i would have hoped,my lake o fishing partner,my brother is going to need surgery on his back ond cant make the 3 hr ride north,he is on some serious pain killers right now,and even fishing locally he cant go either.my wife doesnt go on the boat,she cant swim,a city girl,and she wont let my son on it since she seen under the deck,so i have to fix it all before she will let him go.

as for the rally,i will be there,there is a campsite in the area that looks good,i think it is in platsburg,a ny site,which i know will be good since i stay in the ny campsites on lake o when i go.

done!

Latest posts

Back