Inspection for the trailer?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keith Budurka

Reaction score
I'm confused.... I have a 1999 Nitro NX-882.

It's pretty much a factory model. No major add-ons, etc.

It has a 150 Merc (XR6) on it.

Question is, my trailer has an inspection sticker on it. At first, I thought this normal, but I've recently found out that at least two of my friends with similar size boats (not Nitro, one's a Triton, the other I'm unsure of, but still an 18' with 150 motor), do not have inspections.

I live in Pennsylvania.

Anyone out there know anything about why this might be different for the NX-882 vs the others?

Wow Keith, I've never heard of that. I live in NH and we have to register our boats and trailers seperately, but I've never hear of a trailer inspection.

Does your trailer have a breaking system and maybe the others don't? Maybe the breaks require inspection.

Post back and let us know what you find out.

Marke

Keith,

I live in Vermont and we have to register and inspect all trailers - boat, camper and utility.

Bob G.

Keith,

I do Know that some states require inspection stickers on trailers yearly but i am not sure witch ones. I can reserch that for you monday when i go back to work if you want. let me know.

In NY we have to have all trailers both registered and inspected. However, most authorities only look for the small registration sticker on the plate. I often forget to get it inspected. As long as all the lights work and registration is current, I never get hassled. I do not know about PA though.

Rob

Keith,

I live in PA as well and Spanky is correct. Registration only.

Rich D

Latest posts

Back