innercast rods?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Cozadd

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experiance with the innercast rods sold by Cabelas or Bas Pro?

Jeff, I keep scratching my head about those. One of the big benefits is supposed to be less friction on the line when casting. I just can't picture it. It seems that there would be considerably more friction. The lack of guides is appealing, as is the even load put on the blank when fighting a fish. Hope someone can enlighten us.

advantage is the contact of the line on the multiple guides or rings inside the rod blank. With the greater amount of contact comes more sensitivty.

As far as why more more friction meaning less friction, I answer that with a ratorical question. "why do longer/wider snow skis go faster than short ones?"

Rip Lips,

GregG

'Cuz ol' Mr. Gravity has more surface area to grab ahold of!

It's kinda like if Big John Foster and I were standing side-by-side on the sidewalk......... And a wind came along and toppled us over forward....... And, instead of putting our arms out to break our falls, we just let ourselves go and our noses hit the pavement......... John would bust his nose....... And I'd bust mine, too........ However, whereas my 5'6", 140# frame would just leave my blood on the sidewalk to mark the spot........ John's 6'5", 400# would crack the sidewalk into pieces leaving it begging for mercy.

Don't believe me? You just come to the banquet at the 2002 Rallye...... You watch what John does to the mat in the ring as The Trepman and I give John a thrashing!

:^)

me!

I'm really a sucker for new products and have a room full of things only once used that I thought would be really good at the time I bought them. I would have already tried one, but BPS in Orlando just didn't have the action I wanted in stock, but I'm still looking. One advantage of buying at BPS is that if I don't like it I can return it, no questions asked. I notice that they come with a thingy that is used to thread the line. I figure that is the first thing that I would lose or drop overboard.

Russ C.

From Cabela's, I bought a 6'6" medium for spinnerbating and a 7'0" heavy for flipping and pitching. I just wanted to give them a shot. The 6'6" is fine, but I don't notice a ton of difference in the action one way or another from other rods. I have really enjoyed the flipping rod. They are VERY light, thin, but strong. The thing I have actually noticed the most is that you don't have a bit of problem with them in your rod box. I think I could put about 25 of them in my 896's rod box if I could find room for the reels. I plan to buy a couple more this year. Not that I need any more rods, but I think I am going to try and switch over to them. I'd love to hear any other experiences from anyone else.

the only problem i'v seen is when it is right around freezing. which is not that often. stan

One of the fellows in my club tried one. The only real complaint he had was using it in the Spring when the dogwoods are shedding. All that garbage gets pulled into the rod and makes a real mess to try and clean out.

Latest posts

Back