Initial Corporate / Dealer contact report..............

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Staci Matheis

Reaction score
OK...... As you all know....... I keep thinking about a new boat......... That white, blue and gold 901........ But have also kept thinking about Ranger's R-93, Triton's TR-19 and ChampioN's 193........

Never gave much consideration to BassCat....... That ugly laser stripe on the side, dontchaknow........ But then there's all these positive posting about the company........ And "Ifishferfun Tom" posting and the darn good lookin' boat he shows in his pictures..........

Friday morning I had a few extra moments and dropped in at their website. I filled in the request form for a catalog and dealer listing.......... Today (Sunday morning) is the first time I've been back on line since........... I've got an e-mail from Gary Gould at BassCat with the names of 8 dealers in Missouri and just 20 miles across the river in Illinois and letting me know a catalog is in the mail! And that ain't all! There's a second e-mail from Nancy at Valentine Marine down at Lake of the Ozarks introducing her dealership!

All of a sudden........... That laser stripe is startin' ta look mighty purty!

me!

P.S.

What I'm trying to say is that response by Customer Service makes a world of difference in my choice of a boat.

OK, so I'm old....... But there was a Top-40 song played back in the '60s with kind of a calypso beat.........

"If ya wanna be happy for the rest of your life,

Never make a pretty woman your wife.

So from my personal point of view

Get an ugly girl to marry you!"

me!

I don't doub their reputation for quality. Problem I have with Basscat is the styling. They just look like time has passed them by.

And that's just an aestetic comment. Practically speaking, they lack wind protection from those outdated, low profile consoles. Personally, I don't know that I could fish in that setup on a big lake in freezing temps and winds.

Be interested to hear from Tom how that affects him.

Scott if your looking at toons serriously give me a call i can hook you up with a deal on a TR-19.

Rich -

At age 51, I can identify with having time pass by!

Tom, like John, lives in California......... Has probably NEVER experienced the joys of spearing a wave in February when it's about 40 degrees outside, the wind is blowing and the ice has just left the river.......... (Like I did the first time I took my 180 out!)

Chris -

I may take you up on that. It's still wa-a-ay too early at this point; next Spring will likely be the soonest that I'll be looking in earnest. (Unless I win the lottery in the meantime!)

Adam -

This next one WILL be a keeper! ('Course....... I said that about my ex-wife, too!)('N she probably said the same about me!)

And, you know something else......... If I hadn't had to give it up for financial reasons, that Nitro 180 probably would have lasted me for a long time; it was a good boat.

me!

Scott,

All I can tell you is:

I've never speared a wave (yet) and I don't take it real easy in the rough stuff (ask my son/wife/or fishing partners), tried to stay up with a 20' Ranger w/200 merc across Big Break and Franks Tract in 4 ft wind slop and it was a wild ride(to say the least) but dry! The guy with the Ranger thought I was handling the nasty stuff pretty good for a 18' with 135 opti. Only time I ever got water over the bow (once) when I SLOWED DOWN for a cruiser wake! (never, never pull back on the gas until you jump over the first few wakes!hehe).

I got the higher windsheild option and it's been only about 50 deg. (lowest) since I got the boat, but I can assure you that any boat going 60mph+ in 45 degree or lower will be somewhat cold. Alot of the tourney guys here in Calif. don't even get windsheilds on their rigs, mostly a waste of time keeping them clean! (if you tourney fish you have to deal with all kinds of conditions but if you just "fishfafun" you can kinda pick your weather)

As far as looks, I think ALL bass boats look GOOD! Bass Cats are no exception! Go look at one in person (in the water or on a trailer) and I think you might change your opinion. (like some throw back new cars/trucks just grow on you! i.e. Dodge full size truck or PT cruiser)

Like I said in my earlier post, I did the homework and checked it all out and the Cats were the best boat for my "toy" money! All companies make good boats, after all they are just big expensive toys! But what really matters is after you've spent all your "toy" money on their boat are they still there for you. From what I've heard and experienced BassCat is! (I have no experience with the other companies and they my be just as good? But it's not what I've been reading here or other sites from all the buyers of other brands.) And that is what convinced me to buy the Cat. Other customer's satisfaction! I'll never "bash" another brand, they all have a loyal following and have made good boats too. I don't get nuthin' from BassCat for saying all this, I don't SELL for them or fish FOR them neither. Just a SATISFIED customer trying to give his opinion. You'll buy what to you is the best deal overall for your hard earned money, be it Nitro, Ranger or Cat. And, at least over here, we will all think you got a great boat (that's why we all come over to this site).

When your ready Scott just buy the boat that makes YOU happy!

A little long winded but I don't get to post to often so you'll have to excuse me and my .02 worth

Tom (and I still just FISHFAFUN!)

The truck DID take a while to grow on me! First thought it was the UGLIEST nose I had ever seen! But here we are 5 or 6 years later and I gotta admit - that is one darn good lookin' truck!

Loved the PT Cruiser soon as I saw it! (Just wish it had more under the skin than a Neon!)

me!

Scott - My wife LOVED that truck from day 1 and as soon as they came out with the Club Cab in '96 she ordered a Fire Engine RED one with running boards and the Magnum 5.9L V-8 (ahh, ahh, ahh, MORE POWER!!).

Of course that Truck has now been traded in on the Honda Minivan, times change and so do priorities! Just saw the 2002 Ram pictures in this months MotorTrend and they look even better ( bigger grill and 4 full doors). I know that Beka will get another one after the kids are grown.

TrepMan

I can't believe it....... Just got home........ Would you believe that the BassCat catalog is already here? First business day after I requested it. These guys respond to their customers the way I respond to mine! And there were REAL STAMPS on the envelope - somebody had to put REAL EFFORT into getting it out!

I LIKE THAT!

me!

After owning 94, 97 & 99 Rams I am about to give up on them Chrysler never bothered to work all of the bugs out, fix only as needed is their motto. Now that we travel more often, I am finding that owning one SUV better suites our needs so an Excursion or Navigator is starting to look pretty good to me about now for our next purchase. But who knows, what might tickle our fancy when we get a wild hair and decide to go shopping for a new vehicle.

Keep us posted on your boat search.

Cass

Latest posts

Back