I'm in the queue

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbstern

Reaction score
The tax stamp queue. Have a Huntertown Arms 9mm suppressor waiting for me at the local FFL.

It's going to be used on a S&W 2206, an H&R 357/38 Handi Rifle, and a 10/22 bull barrel (still have to send the barrel off for threading). Eventually, I'll get around to finding a threaded 9mm semi-auto to play with, although most of the candidates are striker-fired and I prefer guns with exposed hammers.

Another nine or ten months until that well oiled machine, otherwise known as the federal government, decides I can be trusted with a hearing protection device.

I ordered three in May and it's looking like February before I can get my hands on them (Ordered three so I could cover all calibers)

Which ones did you order?

I bought a Sparrow .22, an AAC SDN6 7.62, and a Ti-Rant .45. Those should cover everything I would ever want to shoot. I'm considering going ahead and ordering a dedicated 5.56 and a dedicated 9mm can just so I never have to go through this again.

That's a dandy assortment.

Another sad part about the waiting is you can't try out something like the 45 on a 9mm to decide if it's worth having a dedicated 9mm. It's a catch-22.

The whole process is silly.

That's a dandy assortment.

Another sad part about the waiting is you can't try out something like the 45 on a 9mm to decide if it's worth having a dedicated 9mm. It's a catch-22.

The whole process is silly.

Yessir it is!

Well, here's something new: The government of the United States did something faster than expected. My tax stamp was issued in about 10 weeks.

Now just have to find some time to get over to the FFL and pick up the can.

Woot!

Rich did you ever get your "can"? There's a bill in the Iowa house concerning silencers but will probably get shot down.

fatrap

Haven't managed to get to the dealer to pick up the can yet. Been busy with work, and then the dealer's safe broke and it was locked away for more than a week awaiting he locksmith. Hopefully, will have it next week.

GA's legislature passed a bill to allow hunting with suppressors, so my timing was good on this.

I picked up the can a few weeks ago. Have put about 150 rounds of 38 special through it with the H&R Handi rifle, and about 200 rounds of 22LR with the S&W 2206. It's awesome. So nice to be able to shoot without hearing protection. The 2206 works well with high velocity 22LR ammo; using Federal Auto Match, which functions well in that gun. Doesn't go supersonic from the 4" barrel. The 38 special is my own 125 grain cast load over Hodgdon Clays, also subsonic. Both guns shoot accurately with the can on. Negligible difference in point of impact vs. without the can.

Next up, gotta get my 10/22 barrel threaded. There doesn't seem to be much of any standard velocity 22LR ammo readily available in the marketplace, so no big hurry.

Hows does envious beyond words sound. Iowa has a bill passed the house but is buried in the senate. Ear muffs for us I'm afraid.

Rich, I bought my 2 grandsons the 44 mag. Handi Rifles. They liked them, and here in Louisiana they can be
used in primitive arms season. I liked the way they shot, so I bought one for myself. I shot a 9 point
last December with it, went down about 20 yards away. I guess it is worth putting up with hurricanes here.
I can walk into a gun shop , pick out what I want and take it home.
Bubby

I just got in on a limited number of .22 silencers being manufactured by a gunsmith guy I know in NW Georgia. He's only doing a limited run of 29 with this configuration. This will be my first NFA item and I'm already looking at 9mm and a 30 cal silencers.

Latest posts

Back