I'm full of questions!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob LaMoy

Reaction score
I know Scott, you're thinking, he's definately full of something! LOL. The great thing about this board is the wealth of info. When I turn my livewell's to Auto, they just keep running. They get full, start to run out the overflow and just keep running, I let one run yesterday for about 5-7 minutes. It should have stopped right? There is no adjustment on the controls, just Auto or Man. Any ideas?
Rob

Rob,...they have built in timers,...once you set your livewell controls to "Auto", it'll run for a few minutes then shut itself off, and then restart a few minutes later (i don't know what the exact time is...maybe every 5-7 minutes)....manual will run constantly until you shut if off. The beauty of the "Auto" setting is simple,,......turn it on and forget about it......it'll keep the water in the livewell while you're fishing and running,....and when you stop and come off plane,...it'll re-fill your livewells automatically to compensate for the water that ran out the overflow valve, while you were running....just put it on "Auto" and get back to fishing!! LOL....also check the "Flow-rite" link in the "links" section on this site,...it'll explain all the valve settings and answer all of your livewell control FAQ's!!
Good luck,...hope this helps!!
Regards,
Mac

Rob,...they have built in timers,...once you set your livewell controls to "Auto", it'll run for a few minutes then shut itself off, and then restart a few minutes later (i don't know what the exact time is...maybe every 5-7 minutes)....manual will run constantly until you shut if off. The beauty of the "Auto" setting is simple,,......turn it on and forget about it......it'll keep the water in the livewell while you're fishing and running,....and when you stop and come off plane,...it'll re-fill your livewells automatically to compensate for the water that ran out the overflow valve, while you were running....just put it on "Auto" and get back to fishing!! LOL....also check the "Flow-rite" link in the "links" section on this site,...it'll explain all the valve settings and answer all of your livewell control FAQ's!!
Good luck,...hope this helps!!
Regards,
Mac

Rob, it shouldn't run on auto for more than a few minutes. If it runs for more than 10 minutes on auto switch it to manual and see if it cycles on and off. If it cycles on manual it means the wires are reversed.
Frank

My PT165 will turn on about every 3 minutes and run about a minute. Seems to keep plenty of air in the water , but scares the bejeezus out of me and the fish that are stupid enough to be in there when it kicks on.
Gene

Rob -

At first, Rich and I were having the same problem with our borrowed 929..... There were 2 sets of switches and it took us a while to figure out the right combination. Wish I could remember what it was....... Onr switch was for "recirculate or fill" and the other was for "manual or Auto". Seemed simple enough - but it wasn't......... Rich finally got it straight but I can't remember what the settings were that he chose......

me!

Latest posts

Back