I'm back from surgery

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Kayaker

Reaction score
Hello - it's been about five weeks now since I had my surgery and have gotten off of the morphine the first week and slowly weening off of oxy and a few other narcotics - I was on about 10 different drugs up until last week. I'm hoping to be ready to get back to work around mid-December and thought I'd say "hello". I have been pretty diligent about trying to do my Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy exercises every day.

Here's a photo of the stitches in the back of my head ... my friends thought I would have won a Halloween contest if I attached a plastic axe to my head.

Photo-1-Post-Surgery.jpg

Each week I am getting better but sadly, I won't be able to make it to the Bass Pro Shops Black Friday sale. They have a Lowrance 68C with S/map for $199.00 as a doorbuster for the first five hours the store is open that I would have loved to pick up as my backup fish finder on my boat but I just can't get there and they won't sell it online at that price ... just glad to be walking, talking and able to focus. I have to say I am thankful as I have seen how long it is taking Gabrielle Gifford to recover from her trajic shooting in January.

So anyway, everyone have a great Thanksgiving and thank you for all of the prayers and wishes as they definitely helped during some of the darker hours when I couldn't see the light at the end of the tunnel. Bill, the MadKayaker

Looking good Bill. Glad to hear you are healing. Happy Thanksgiving to you as well.

Good news that you are on the mend... Nasty scar... You really shouldn't cheat at pool... LOL Keep us posted...

i was just saying to myself, i wonder if anyone has heard from Bill since his surgery and here you posted today...

Glad to see you are up and moving about. I hope you make a speedy recovery and have a great holiday season. If i lived close to BPS i would get in line and grab that F.F for you. Maybe one of the other guys in the area will be at the store or can help you out!

Nice to hear from you Bill, Still sending postive energy your way,

GregD

I'm new but dang man... That looks nasty. What ever it was, I'm glad your getting better too. :)

Wow,..glad you're on the mend.....keep up the re-hab and possitive attitude...you'll be back to work in no time!!;)

Glad to hear that you are doing well. Your scar is a little bit bigger than my wife's or my son's (both have had brain surgery) - so you get the blue ribbon. For what that is worth.

All the best to you during the holidays. Keep following the doc's orders and glad to hear you are doing the therapy.

Tex

Hey Bill,

Glad to see your on the mend. Keep up the good work. Hopefully you will be 100% come spring and ready for some smallmouth fun.

Like i said before if you need anything please don't hesitate to call, you know i'm only about 40 min away.

Nasty scar Bill. Hope things are looking up from here on out.

Often thought that maybe if they opened my head up the voices would escape then they wouldn't be competing with my wife's voice.

fatrap:wacko:

Latest posts

Back