If you could buy any bassboat

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Bell2

Reaction score
Since its kinda quiet today, thought I would toss this out there.. BTW, I love my Nitro NX750....

If you could buy any bassboat and price was not an issue what would you purchase.

My choice would have to be Gambler 2200 with 300 VMAX HPDI.

Ok, if money was not an issue for real, I would get one of each and take them out on Champlain on it best and worst days. Then I'd keep the one I liked and give away the ones I didn't.

Bob G.

One of two.....

Nitro 898DC with the no-skid surface and a 225 Merc Blue.

Or.....

Triton TX-21DC with the non-skid surface and 250 Merc Blue.

Practically speaking.....

Nitro 882DC with a 175 Opti.

1. Ranger 521 (modified to address the max hp issue of course - since we are dreaming, I can, right?) with a Merc Verado 300

My buddy has a Ranger 522 Comanchee, and you know what it's to big to fish in sometimes, my opinion anyway. I would probably get a Ranger or Triton in the 19' range with a Verado. And it would have to be sparkly all over, silver or gunmetal color to match my truck. I might get some sparkles that you use in art class and glue them on my PT 185! Just kiddin. I would also want a built in BBQ because I am always starving and thinkin about food when I'm fishin.

Probably the only time ever that I would be in agreement with Snowman (LOL)... BassCat Panterra III... Or if you let me call it a "bassboat"... a Ranger 620...

If I "retire" from tournament fishing as "suggested" by my doctor... I will be looking at a new boat... And, it probably would be a new Nitro 288... I can still rig it up to work as a walleye boat and satisfy my wife's desire for a "grandkids" boat...

I am supprised no one has mentionded Stroker, Allison , Bullet, Gambler,, Not that I own one,, But I have been told these are the TOPS when in comes to custom built bass boats. Been told they are a notch above Basscat, Ranger , Triton, Skeeter, which are mass produced.

Mine a 223 champion with a 275 merc verado, the best rough water ride you can get.
223_elite.jpg

Figure If I ever hit the lottery, will need to decide on the ultimate bass boat. Champions are sweet boats..

I've always liked the looks of the champions too...Hate to say it but, they look better than a Ranger. Bet I'll catch hell for that:)

Better fire up the COWASAKI!!!! LOL

It would have to be a deep V for me. Most likely an 18ft Tundra.

Rich D

Jim,

that thing looks like an air craft carrier. love the looks of the champions, but mine would be a bass cat with a verado 250/275.

GregD

A few years back, there was an article about a Champion 223 in B&WB. They had rigged it with dual Merc 225's! The thing hit 100+ on Table Rock!

(I may be way wrong, but it seems to me that they didn't have to add any extra strengthening to the transom, either.)

Ranger 520 DVX, 35th Anniversary edition, with 225 Verado or Opti, (visit Ranger boats website to see whats included in the VX package that's not listed below)

With:

Hydraulic jack plate

Minn Kota Maxxum 101 and bounce buster

Custom weed cutter prop for MK

Lowrance X-18 at the console and a X-15 on the bow

Guest on board charger of course

Troll Fury batteries

recessed TM pedal

Padded front deck

Hamby's keel guard

Loc-R-bar

O2 system for livewell

Tilt steering

Hot foot with slide mount

Trim and JP control on the column

Flipping deck extension

Custom trailerable Ranger cover

Removable tongue on the trailer

Full trailer fairing

Oh and in the truck, a spare TM, prop, case of premium oil if it was the Opti, and a case of plugs.

that's....that's about it.....no.....yeah, that's it!

If i could have only one boat........ I think i would have to choose a Blazer 210 DC. With a Merc 250XS. They look great, have alot of top end speed.

But then again speed and looks don't win tourney's... in that case i would have to get a 929CDX with a 250 Optimax, it has it all..plenty of room for tackle and rods, width for a stable fishing platform and enough speed to get from here to there in an exceptable amount of time.

Eric H.

1. Triton TR-21X/DC, X Series

2. Skeeter ZX300 powered by the Yamaha VZ300 engine.

3. Ranger 522VX/VS

But I kinda like the Boat I already have though.. Best thing about it is that it's paid for!!

Max <><

UHhhh Rob,....that boat you just listed,....was identical to mine last year,.......you never called!! LOL

(And you coulda had it cheap!!!)

PM, your correct 100% Storm is one HOT boat..forgot about them. I saw a few at the Florida Sportsman Show hear in JAX last year. Prob. the hottest looking boat at the show, it was purple, yellow and white.

Vector 201 DC (Dual Console) from NC.

72 mph with Mercury 150 xr6 and 88 with Mercury 200 EFI 3.0.

Then I would have to find a place to run it? Then I wouldn't get any fishing done? Then I'd be broke?

Nahhhhhh, I'll keep my tin!

Bill

NITRO 901 or 929. The 901 with opti 200 and the 929 with a 250.

Uhhh Mac, I could STILL get it cheap, and be the original owner for Ranger Cup and incentives, but the post says, if money was NOT a consideration!

If I didn't have 600 gallons a month in fuel oil to pay every winter, I'd have jumped on it, AND the F250 I looked at, but then the wife would have got them both in divorce court if I made her stay in that trailer another year.

600 gallons a MONTH???...WTF?!!!....Here's an idea.....

CLOSE YOUR WINDOWS in the winter!!!...LOL!!!

I would have to say a Stratos ASX. Man I can believe no one has said that. Sweet boats and they haul

I have been extremely fortunate in my life and I can buy any bass boat I want. I've owned a bunch, and my Nitros are still at the top of my list. The 929CDX has proven to me to be the best all around bass boat. Always powered by a Mercury. IMHO

I'd wait until Mac's done with his ultimate boat ..this year.. and then buy it next year ..lol

Mark,..as a matter o'fact,..you can have it in Oct of this year,(or wait until spring '05 if you want too).....for my actual cost plus $1 profit for me,....(I don't do anything for free anymore!!..LOL)

Mac, I DID, AND added 3 new top of the line doors, 30 new top of the line triple hung thermal pane windows, 5 BALES of R38 insulation, and about 20 cans of spray foam insulation, everywhere I could get it.

It's a 200 year old 3800 sq ft house man! And with my 'stat set at 75 in my den, with TWO oil filled electric space heaters on HIGH to top it off, I couldn't get my den over 62 degrees this winter when the temp hit -30.

So this year....I'm putting insulation in the attic, and insulating the roof with that breathable stuff. 3Ming every door with extra insulating strips. Doing a little tweaking to my boiler to max it's effeciency,

AND putting in two wood burning inserts, one for each fireplace, and buring the hell out of wood to cut my fuel in half......I HOPE!

Then I'm buying a 2nd 255 gal fuel drum to hook up so I can buy 1000 gallons at once, 500 to fill them, then 500 on reserve. That gets me a lower price, so I can lock in there. All in all, I should drop my heating bill from $1000 a month to about $600 a month. Plus my elec bill will go down without the boiler and pumps working 24/7. So with the extra, maybe just maybe, I can swing a 520 next time around! LOL If the boss approves.

This is just sad. I said yes to every boat on the list. You know, they had a name for girls like that in high school. :>) Really I'd like to have just about any 19 or 20 foot Nitro, Bass Cat, Ranger, Champ, or Charger. I've only seen a couple of Gamblers and although I realize they are blinding fast I wouldn't want one. I don't like the way they sit with their bow up in the air. I've seen one Bullet and never laid eyes on an Allison. My understanding is they are so light (in order to acheve the speed they do) that they just about beat you to death in rough water.

At this moment in time, my dream boat is a PAID FOR PT-185.

Harpo

Norriscraft...I have only seen one as I think they are fairly regional but it was nice and really fast.

They say a picture and a thousand words...blah blah blah

Storm1.jpg

blah blah blah blah...

I'll make it simple, it is the only boat that could easily duplicate my Champions demo ride.

storm2.jpg

Remember these guys build about 25 boats a YEAR, that's less that some build a day.

storm5.jpg

And then my own latest toy...fills the need for speed.

Ally.jpg

Oh, and to respond to earlier posts on the dual engine Champ 223...

They build one with dual 200's, we were going to run it to beat Chargers Mississippi River run from St. Louis to New Orleans, but Porthouse sold it before we could do it. Then they got serious and built the one we took to the classic with the dual 225 pro max's, that boat was really easy to drive @100+, no chine walk, just hung up there and flew. Sadly, the week before we were going to go, daddy put a halt to the whole deal, they sold it and that was that. Bummer.

Boys and their toys!! LOL!! I personally think we all have an addiction!! LOL!! Here's mine...not because of the boat but because who's in it!!

TOXIC
smallriga.jpg

Pat!

I remember when I was in high school that Lou Cooley took a run up the Mississippi River and set a record! A buddy and I stopped on I-55 overlooking the river hoping to see him go by. That was back in 1968 I think..... I don't remember hearing of any other attempts; does that record still stand?

me!

Now Pat, that's what you call being up on the pad. Looks to have a 'scotch brite' sized portion of the hull in the water.

For me, it would probably be either a Ranger or a Champion. Though I also like the X Series Triton's also. Not sure on the engine though. I would rather have the new Verado's out for another year or two before taking that plunge. I like Mercury, but also love the 'Rude that I have now.

Tex

.....uh.....Pat..... Dreams like those of breaking a speed record don't just fade away..... So-o-o-o..... For when you get around to talking to Tracker about being the next Missouri Bass Boat Manufacturer to hold the record..........

.....well..... I'd like to apply for the position of your co-pilot!!

Wel-l-l-l......

I'm 54................

And it's been a long time since I raced my old MGB..........

But it sure sounds like one hell of a fun way to go out!!

OK for me (trep not Staci) if it HAS to be a bass boat, and i'm not that familiar with all the other brands, but i'd take a 911 with a 275hp SW Verado!! or a 250 XB! I just LOVE The center console and 4 across seating for the family, i'd put it on a galvenized trailer so I could bay fish with it too!! IF not, then the 898 with as BIG a motor as I could get with the non-skid deck for bass/bay fishing!

For now, i'll stick with a paid for PC 175!

OHH, Noth'n gets by you Tox!!!

I with they'd make the 18-19 Tundra in a center console with no-stick floors!!

I'm with Brian. Definitely a Gambler. I own one now, and it's the sweetest 19 footer I've ever ridden in. Brian do you see many G-boats up in Jax? I live in Melbourne and there are a few around here.

Those 2200's have more deck space than you'd know what to do with. One hell of a boat. You should take a ride to the factory some time, and get the tour.

Sooner: The bow comes down when you walk up there to fish.

Other top mentions: Stroker, Bullet, and Blazer. All are great boats.

im with brian and steven, a Gambler if i may ... i live in leesburg and i see 2 or 3 every weekend at the lake ...StevenAtwell

Tox-

I had that same setup,same boat,trailer,and same size partner.I sure do miss that thing,some day I will get another.

I also miss my fishing partner,she's at that age where she has too many important things to do than fish with dad.

Enjoy every minute while you can.

Steve

Uh, mine WAS a Gambler until Pat posted that Storm! LOL!

In all honesty, no lakes in my area to run something that big or fast. Soooo, I'd have to say something in the 19ft range, Gambler, Storm, Champion and one of the new Verados for sure!

I don't I've ever seen a Storm on the water, I have seen Gambler, Bullett, but not the Storm. Are the Storm as good as there site says?

Buzz

Joe, you've probably seen me too then.

Buzz: I've driven a Storm and didn't really like the way they handled. Personal choice I guess. But they are pretty quick, and make a good flats boat as well. I have only seen them on aluminum trailers, so I assume most people use them dual purpose.

I would like to see a Stroker all custom painted one day. That's the fastest boat I've been in.

Latest posts

Back