IDLE

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Northcutt

Reaction score
HAVING PROBLEM WITH MOTOR DYING ON ME WHEN I IDLE AROUND WITH ENGINE TRIMMED UP. FOR INSTANCE IN SHALLOW WATER OR EVEN WHEN IM TRYING TO LOAD BOAT ON TRAILER. RUNS FINE WITH MOTOR TRIMMED ALL THE WAY DOWN OR ON PLANE EVEN THOUGH MOTOR IS TRIMMED UP THEN. CHECKED FUEL LINE AND I DONT BELIEVE ITS KINKED, DO YOU GUYS THINK ITS NOT GETTING GAS ? THATS WHAT ITS ACTING LIKE. THANKS FOR ANY INFO, MARK (1999 NX 882 150 XR6)

Mark,...you've got an XR6 which is carburated,...what's happening is the gas is running out of the carbs when it's tilted up,....there's nothing wrong with the motor,....it's the nature of the beast,...that's why EFI is so awesome,.....those motors will run upside down! LOL You'll have to learn the "personality" of your motor and learn how to play with the throttle to help keep it running under those circumstances....it's a mild PIA..lol
Good luck this season,
Mac

Mark,...you've got an XR6 which is carburated,...what's happening is the gas is running out of the carbs when it's tilted up,....there's nothing wrong with the motor,....it's the nature of the beast,...that's why EFI is so awesome,.....those motors will run upside down! LOL You'll have to learn the "personality" of your motor and learn how to play with the throttle to help keep it running under those circumstances....it's a mild PIA..lol
Good luck this season,
Mac
You can check your fuel pump, I had the same thing rebuilt fuel pump, and it would trimmed up. Also was having problems cranking after fishing for couple hrs, wouldn't are me 3 to 5 turns of key to get motor started and idle. I figured out that pushing in key for 3 sec(in rich button) and starting motor still while holding help me fire up on fixture of key.

Latest posts

Back