Identifying Drain Plug And Other Hull Ports - 90 Nitro Fish And Ski 110hp

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geno

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just bought a 90 Nitro Fish and Ski with a 110 V4 Evinrude.

I could use some help identifying the ports and drains on the rear of the hull (see pic).

I assume the threaded one is the main drain plug, other white ones I think are live well intake/drain, not sure on the other 2 dark ones...

Plan to run some water into live wells and hull to help identify which is which but figured I would check here as well.

Any assistance would be appreciated.
Will try to post back what I find as well.

Looking to confirm what these are before I hit the water...

Thanks,
Geno

Attachments

• 20170823_093646.jpg
    20170823_093646.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 166
Yes the center one is your bilge drain. The others look to be livewells intake and drain. Do you have 2 livewells? Or one is intake, the other white one is recirculating intake, one black is drain for livewell. The other black one is bilge drain. That is if you bilge pumpout is not on the back of the transom, out on the corner.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes I have 2 live wells front and rear and pretty sure 2 white one on either side of center threaded drain ate for live wells.

Previous owner said bilge pumps out the driver side rear via a port near the rub rail. Is on the side, not out the back.

Will put some water through live wells, bilge, and hull to try and clarify s bit and post back.

Mainly looking to confirm which need a pkug and which don't.

Thanks,
Geno

Ok all good.
Middle is bilge drain, white are intake for live well and black is drain for live well.

Still confused how they work, just fill to water level?

Thanks Geno

Ok, after some more research I think I understand the problem and solution.

I was confused as to how to fill the live well as it just drains out the black drain port.

So, it appears a plug is required to keep it from draining in the bottom pipe (as shown in pics), and top pipe is overflow.

Then have black missed at top to fill, pull plug to drain, and aerator to to circulate water via auto setting 1min on 3 min off.

So, answer is need plug in live well to hold water.

Pretty sure this is the case can someone confirm just to be sure?

Thanks,
Geno

Attachments

• 20170824_130110.jpg
    20170824_130110.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 173
  • 20170824_130125.jpg
    20170824_130125.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 160

Latest posts

Back