Ice Fishing

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cq

Reaction score
Made it on the ice yesterday, first time ever ice fishing.

First time the ice has been thick enough for this southern boy since we moved to Ohio. The weather was great, bright sunshine, low wind, couldn't ask for a better day. After all was done, 2 Saugeye's appox. 14 inches each, made a great meal last night.

I've been ice fishing for a couple of months now.....

It's cold and icey outside, so I sit here in my home office, rod in hand, and dream about catchin' when the weather gets warmerer!

I was planning on ice fishing this weekend, but all it has done is snow, with a 15 to 20 mph wind. Not exactly the kind of conditions for ice fishing. Gee's we've gotten almost 2 feet of snow since yesterday and still snowing.

It was a good thing that I went fishing yesterday, not much snow (1-2 inches), but blowing like crazy. I have blown the driveway twice now. Drifts are 1-2 feet.

Where you at in OH? My sister lives in Celina and I have relatives in Middletown, that is where my Mom is from. I remember hearing my Dad and uncles talk about St. Mary's lake.

Tim

Lake if frozen up tight here! I doubt we'll have an early ice out in April like last year! And temps look low until next week when they'll hit the 20's!! yahoo! It was 22 degrees for a little while on Saturday and I almost got my shorts on! LOL

Latest posts

Back