I need your help....

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Lara

Reaction score
First I would like to say hello to everyone this is my first time on the board.

Secondly I need some info. My wife and I just bought a 2001 Bass Tracker Pro Crappie 175 W/25 horsepower motor.
My question to anyone who owns the Pro Crappie or a 17' Aluminum will the 25 horse be good enough for inland lakes and rivers for 2 people and gear? I would like to upgrade when I get some money but for now thats all I could afford I know Im underrated in the motor department it calls for like a 75 horse motor.But will the 25 be okay and plain the boat at cruisin speeds with a hydro foil on the shaft? I heard those foils really help when your underpowered. This is our first boat and I dont know ANYTHING about them so any help or advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance Rob L.

Rob & Lara -

Don't worry! That 25 will do just fine! You won't have the fastest boat on the lake - but it will get you where you want to go safely and in comfort!

Don't worry about planing and hydrofoils and all that stuff..... And don't worry about upgrading the motor...... See how you use this boat. See where you find yourself happy with it's capabilities and where you wish you had something different...... And, in the meantime - save your bux for whatever you may want in the future! (Which, of course, may just turn out to be EXACTLY what you've got!)

Welcome aboard!

me!

Rob, I have a 2000 Pro Crappie with a 40hp. I get just
over 30 mph with it opened up and 3 people on board. This gets me around more than fast enough so I don't usually
ride around full throttle. I couldn't picture any bigger motor on this boat , but thats just my opinion.
I agree w/Scott, you won't fly but you should be A-ok for some good fishing! Evjoy your boat!!!! Mike L.

Latest posts

Back