I love this boat!!!!!!!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Hofman

Reaction score
I just gotta post this.

We're getting ready to take the TV18 out for its first fishing trip. A group of guys spends Super Bowl weekend at trout fishing in Branson, Missouri. Fish during the day, beer, cards and football at night, and the women let us be by ourselves for an entire weekend.

Three of us have fished out of my father-in-law's john boat for five or six years, but this year we're going to take the '18. Being the nice guy that I am, I wanted the guy who has to fish off of the middle seat to have a bit more room, so last night I took out the second console.

It was so EASY! Three screws, four bolts and out it came. Two more small screws and out came a small trim piece. The boat almost looks like it never had a second console! Now the middle guy has few more square feet of standing room or space to set gear down. The console hardly weighed anything and I was able to store it out of the way where it wouldn't get damaged. JUST AWESOME!!

This kind of flexibility is exactly why I picked this boat. Thanks, Tracker!

One very excited new boat owner,

Mark

Mark,

Good thinking!!! You should look into a deck extension for that boat too...2 can fish the front with no problem.

That's a great idea! I'll have to tell my customers about that option. I agree with you the TV-18 is my favorite boat!

We're using fly rods . . .

and my brother-in-law is still learning . . .

and the other guy sometimes thinks his is a bullwhip . . .

and I don't own a Kevlar neck protector. LOL

Sometimes our boat looks like a spaghetti factory. LOLOL

Two fishing off the front deck? Not this time!!!!

Seriously, I am going to build a deck extension. Sent Craig an e-mail asking him to order some parts that will make it easier to use the rod lockers and front storage bin with a deck extension in.

Mark

Post a Grab Bag report when you're done.

And think of us Yankees while you're there, we will be watching the Super Bowl in front of the fireplace!!!

Latest posts

Back